"Actually, Michael and Liam are here on your account." My father said, pulling a chair out for me to sit directly across from Liam at the dining room table.

"I'm confused," I admitted, biting the inside of my cheek. 

"Michael and Liam were instrumental in my pursuit to finding out information regarding the incident that sent you to Chicago. While working together, I grew to know Liam very well and he become a trusted confidant. The two of you are around the same age, so after everything that went down last week, I called Liam to see if he was available." 

"Available?" I questioned, cocking an eyebrow. Feeling a great sense of unease begin to bubble in my empty stomach. 

"The two of you will be formally courting starting this evening, I have made reservations for the two of you at the Rainbow Room." My father smiled, happy with the strides he was making toward giving me freedom. 

"You're kidding," I said breathlessly.

"I am not, I've made reservations for the two of you at the Rainbow Room tonight-" My father said, his brow furrowing as I interrupted. 

"You can't be serious! After the tantrum you threw over me and-"

"Hey, you stayed with the Hales in Chicago, didn't you?" Liam questioned, obviously trying to help alleviate the growing tension in the room. I gave a curt nod, unsure of where he was going with this. "I heard that Niklaus Hale is on a manhunt for some chick he fell in love with a couple months ago. Did you see her while you were staying there?" My heart fluttered with the prospect of Niklaus coming for me and I gave another nod. 

"Something like that." I whispered softly, my head now in the clouds. 

"This conversation regarding the Hales is over. Liam will meet you at the Rainbow Room at eight PM tonight, you will be dressed and on time by seven forty-five. Gentlemen." All four men rose from their seats and I stared after them in shock, both from being forced to date a man I just met at my father's arrangement and from the fact that Niklaus was looking for me. 

That night, I got myself dressed in a simple pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and a loose pink sweater. As I was putting on my Vans, a guard knocked at my door in indication that it was time to leave. Each of my brothers gave me a sad, weary wave as I exited the house and hopped into the SUV that sped off down the narrow roads of New York City. When I finally arrive, the guard helped me from the vehicle and walked me inside. Liam was already waiting for me at the table and I almost felt guilty for my casual attire as he was dressed in a fine suit. Upon seeing my entrance, Liam stood from the table and pulled out my chair for me. I thanked him and sat down, but not before my eyes met with my father who was sitting with Liam's father, Michael, a few tables away. I took a deep breath, praying for some strength to get through tonight as I skimmed over the menu. 

"You look beautiful," Liam noted, his own eyes skimming over the menu. Setting the menu down, I stared at him for a moment, biting the inside of my cheek. "Do you usually stare this much or should I take it as a compliment?" A blush ran over my cheeks and I shook my head.

"No, it's just... You remind me a lot of someone." I twisted an edge of the tablecloth in my hands nervously and with no interest in dating this man, I wasn't sure how this night was going to pan out. The waiter came a short time later to take our order before going back to the kitchen to deliver the ticket to the chefs. I wasn't sure what to say or even if I should get to know this man, as I doubt Niklaus was going to enjoy the idea of me on a date with another guy despite my objections to it to begin with. But Liam took charge of the conversation and asked me questions regarding my personality, my likes and dislikes. After awhile our conversation dwindled into silence and I passed the time by tapping my shoes together beneath the table.