Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Sitting beside him was a female. She was tall and slender, her B-cup breasts snugly hidden in a black skintight vest that scooped into her collarbone. She wore a matching pair of jeans with a belt containing several little bags and trinkets as well as a sparkling silver dagger. Her hair was a deep, bloody red color and tied into a wavy ponytail, her bangs framing her face and making her deep blue eyes more prominent.

Standing up near the front door was another male. He wore a camo tank top that hugged his muscular torso tightly, disappearing into a pair of dark brown cargo pants before reaching his combat boots. His dark hair was cut short in a buzzcut, his hazel eyes alert.

Lastly was a smaller male. In fact, he looked like a child. He had to be at least five foot or less. His hair was jet black and cut in a child's hair style, framing his face and cut to the nape of his neck. His eyes were baby blue, making him appear even more innocent. He wore a pair of black corduroy overalls, a navy blue turtleneck underneath to match his boot converse. The only thing that made him not child-like was the gun he was putting together as he leaned against the fireplace that glowered.

"Welcome to Zephyra's minor base," Kristophe announced to me, "Everyone, this is Nicholas Ryan. He's new to our ranks and I should hope you do your best to ensure his safety." I felt like I was staring at a punk rock band, not an army of vampires.

"The guy on the couch is Jasper. The woman beside him is Rhita. The military man over there is Seth. Little guy with the gun is Newt." Kelsey introduced, leaning against the doorframe. I frowned as Kristophe backed away from me and gestured to them.

"This will be your team. They will train you harder than I have in different ways as well as help you bring down Storm." He informed. I blinked and looked at him.

"Help me bring him down?"

"You're halfblood," Rhita spoke up, making me look at her as she spoke in a raspy, but sexy tone, "You cannot take down a pureblood alone. We will help you destroy him, but we won't play too big a part. Under our wings, you will learn to become as strong as a pureblood." I frowned.

"What are you going to teach me?" I asked. Rhita tilted her head at me, one leg folded over the other as she whipped out her dagger faster than I could see her hand more, holding it up with the blade facing outwards.

"I will be teaching you agility. I will show you how to use an a dagger. I will teach you the difference between a dagger and an athame." She informed, then elbowed Jasper, who blinked and snapped out of his staring contest with the fire to look up at me with a smug smirk.

"I'll be the one teaching you how to kick ass and rip innards out with your bare hands. I'll also give you some tips on interrogation, so get your tummy ready for some guts and blood." He answered brightly, his voice surprisingly soft and smooth, despite the horror he just depicted.

"I'll be teaching you more useful things," Seth said from the door, pushing off the wall beside it to fold his arms over his chest, "Strategy, planning, and how to fight with your mind rather than use your fists." I glanced at Newt, who finished putting the gun back together, twirling it on his finger before shoving it into the holster hooked to the side of his overalls.

"I'll teach you anything else." He answered calmly, his voice youthful and cute. I didn't chid him on that, or the fact that his name was ironic, so I just nodded.

"We'll report back here each time we're finished. Of course, Storm isn't stupid. He won't keep their base in Red Field long. He knows we're after him as well as the authorities. I have Claude and Val stalking them as they do their investigations. The rest of us will remain in Red Field. Even though Storm doesn't plan to stay here, he won't get far because I've received word from a spy up North that Vladimir himself is coming to pay his son a visit." Kristophe announced. I blinked and looked at him.