Five: High Warlock of Brooklyn

Octavia was happily in a deep sleep, when all of a sudden someone woke her. She rubbed her eyes. "Isabelle?" She said groggy. "Simons leaving." She exclaimed. Octavia's eyes went wide, as she threw her covers off. "He can't leave." She huffed as she struggled to put her boots on, not caring if she was seen in her blue, v-neck T-shirt, and baggy sweatpants.

She ran and saw Clary and Simon talking. He looked up at Octavia as she made her way to them, then looked back down to Clary, saying something, then leaving.

"Clary, why didn't you stop him?" She asked.

"He would've left anyway." She rolled her eyes as she pasted Octavia. Octavia shrugged her shoulders as she went to follow Clary over to the table in the main part of the Institute. She sat down and put her head in her hands. Soon, Alec, Jace, Isabelle and Hodge were in there.

"Magnus bane. He's over 300 years old. And as you can see, he's not shied away from the pleasures of every century." Hodge pulled up pictures of Magnus, beginning to explain him. "His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

"He looks like the downeorlds David Guetta." Clary spoke. Octavia felt a headache rising as she closed her eyes and sighed. Alec noticed and couldn't help but look over at the girl. His eyebrows furrowed, as he soon snapped himself out of it and focused back on Hodge. "Guetta's already a downworlder. Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?" Isabelle smiled to the redhead.

"Could you two focus. This is not a joke." Alec piped up, seeming awfully quiet, not daring to make any remarks toward Octavia as he didn't feel like getting ratted out by the girl.

"Someone needs to get slayed." Isabelle smiled. Octavia's eyes opened slowly, as she felt herself not feeling normal. Her mouth felt dry, and her throat kind of hurt. Hodge then continued. "Alec's right. Now, magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust for Shadowhunters."

As hard as octav6tried, she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen, it made her feel sick to her stomach.

"Well then why did he help my mom remove my memories. Isn't she a shadowhunter?" Clary asked. "Yes, one of the best. But help might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more then likely, your mother payed Magnus Handsomely for his magic." Hodge looked to Octavia.

"Warlocks usually require payment before helping anyone with anything." Jace sat down. "Word from the clave is that the warlocks have gone into hiding, since valentine began hunting them." Alec then said.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock. Where did jocelyn-" Hodge then felt the familiar burning sensation in his neck making him wince.

"So, valentine is hunting us? Me?" Octavia asked slowly. "You'll be fine. As far as we know, he doesn't know of you." Jace reassured. "He doesn't know my power level. He doesn't know I'm new. He could think I'm the one who out that spell on Jocelyn." Stress began to overcome Octavia. She soon couldn't take it anymore, as she had to get up and leave, going to her room.

She spent some time in there, until she heard someone knock on the door. "Yeah?" She called. The door opened to reveal Isabelle. "Hey." She said, softly smiling at the girl.

"Hi." Octavia turned around. "I know this is a lot to take in. But I assure you, we would never let anything happen to you. I swear by the angel, we will protect you at any costs. I know Alec would." She put her hand on Octavia's shoulder, as she turned to Isabelle confused.

"Alec? Shouldn't he hate me, I mean with the shit I've said to him." She shook her head. "Let me tell you something about my brother. Never has he ever played around with someone so much, he doesn't even treat Jace like that and he's his parabatai." She smiled.