His eyes grew wide before a smile spread across his mouth. "Angel, you're my neighbor?" Her heart stopped but quickly recovered and returned the smile. 

"H-hey Caleb," She says, looking down to the thing on his hands. "What's t-that?"

His eyes moved away from her lips and looked at Angela with wide eyes before looking at the plate of cookies he held. "Oh, my mom wanted me to go around and give these to you." A faint blush bloomed across his cheeks as she took the plate from him. "I-I made them myself."

Angela looked him the eye and smiled slightly before pulling the foil off them. She took a cookie out and bit into it when an explosion of flavor graced her tongue with its presences. Her eyes widened and looked up at the nervous boy.

"These are a-amaz-zing." He rose a brow at her before signing.

Does that mean you like them?

Angela nodded, a blush forming across her cheeks, before beckoning him inside.

Caleb bit his lip and obliged before she closed and locked the door and followed after him into the kitchen; half a cookie in her mouth. A whistle caught her attention as she placed the plate of cookie onto the counter.

"Nice place, Angel."

Angela finished off the cookie and walked to over to Caleb, signing,

Thank you for the compliment and the Chocolate chip cookies; they're our favorite. 

Sighing, in what seemed like a relief, Caleb smirked.

"Good. I would be a little embarrassed fi...if they weren't." Angela giggled and braced her elbows against the island, smiling at him. Then she signed,

How was the rest of your day at school?

Good. I made a few "friends," but I don't know that they're real or not.

Angela bit her lip and replied,

So you're new, right?

He nodded, which made her smile even more. Caleb laughed and signed, What's got you smiling? Am I really that cute?

Angela's cheeks reddened and when she tried to sign, her hands shook.

No...I mean yes, I...

Angela shook her head and tried to calm herself.

Sorry, I'm just not used to having friends. I went to high school without talking for about two years so, it's a little hard to believe that someone can understand signing.

Caleb's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and opened his mouth to say something but closed it and tilted his head to the side before looking up. It was as if he was thinking before he looked back at Angela and asked, "Why don't you ever talk?"

The question caught her a little off guard but when she recovered,  she bit her lip and looked down at her hands before signing,

I rather not talk about it.

Caleb shrugged and smirked. "Fair enough." He bit his lip then looked down for a second before looking back, saying, "Hey, do you think it would be possible if we-"

He stopped talking when his phone vibrated. He pulled it out from his back pocket and read what came up before sighing and typing back. Once done, Caleb put his phone away before looking at her and smiling. 

"Do you think I could get your number?"

Angela froze up. He was asking for her number? Him? Out of all the hot girls in our school, he wanted her number?

 Suppressing a smile at the thought of gaining another friend and exchanged numbered with each other, a giddy feeling bubbling inside her. 

"Great," He said, his smile a perfect replica of how she felt. "I'll text you letter than...then. Or you could text me. Either one you know-" Caleb's rambling was cut off by another vibrating and he bit his lip, the gesture alone really cute and warming. He let out an amused huff and put his phone away, smiling at her. Her heart did a little jump and her cheeks blossomed with heat.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Angel."

She bit her lip and smiled before signing,

You too.

And like that, he was gone, leaving Angela in a stricken, glorious mood.

She just got a cute boys number!

———

Wow! I wish I was her. Anyone else? No? Cool.

Anyways, here's the other chapter. Thank you to everyone that's read this book so far; it really does mean a lot. :)

Have a good day/night!

P.S. sorry if it's a little boring so far. Trust me, it's not my best work, but it'll get better, I promise.