1. Raining On Sunday

Mia's POV

I pulled out of the familiar driveway deciding that I would never go back, this life wasn't for me anymore, he had made his decision and not even Joel would be able to talk me out of going back to Waldorf, not this time. I had given Benji as many chances as I could, my Hollywood lifestyle was over and I never wanted to cry over him again.

LAX came into view and tears started to fall freely. I parked my car and hit the steering wheel repeatedly.

"Why did you let me fall in love with you?" I cried.

It started to rain, I turned up the radio to here them say tonight was going to be the biggest storm Los Angeles had seen in a while.

I checked my make up in the rear view mirror and tried my best to look presentable before walking into the airport where my best friend Sophie was waiting for me. I grabbed my umbrella out of the backseat and there was a knock on my window. I rolled down my window and the rain started to hit me, as if it were ice being thrown on me.

I looked out to see Benji standing by my car, completely drenched, with a dozen roses in his hand that had only a few petals left on them because of the weather.

"What are you doing?" I managed to choke out through the tears that once again started to fall at the sight of him.

"I love you, I know I messed up, but I always mess up, you know that and you decided to love me anyway, so please Mia, give me another chance, believe me I am trying to change." He pleaded.

I rolled up the window and shut off my car. I opened the door and he grabbed my hand. He pulled me into him and I fell into his embrace, letting this love consume one last time. I pulled away from him and grabbed my suitcase out of the backseat.

"Goodbye Benjamin." I kissed him on the cheek and ran into the airport.

Sophie saw me rush in, she grabbed my suitcase and led me to where Brian was sitting with my sister Katelyn.

"He's here, isn't he?" Brian asked, when he saw the state I was in.

I nodded and he kissed Sophie before rushing outside to pick up the broken pieces I had decided to leave behind and Sophie stayed behind to attempt to put me back together.

I cried into her shoulder and she just held onto me. Katelyn brought me a cup of coffee.

"Here, last thing you need to do is get sick, Dad is already suspicious, he knows the real reason you are going home isn't because you miss him and mom." She said handing me the cup.

I took a sip and set it on the table infront of us.

"I don't know why you keep going back to him, this is the second time that you caught him with another girl Mia, you deserve better than that." Sophie fumed.

I sat back and wrapped myself in the blanket that Sophie had given me. I didn't know why I let Benji hurt me the way he did, I don't know why I always came back to someone who didn't appreciate me, someone who I wasn't completely sure loved me. Benji was a lot of things, he makes a lot of mistakes, as do I, but I knew what I was getting into when I decided to be with him 3 years ago, the first time he cheated on me was on Good Charlotte's tour promoting The Young & The Hopeless, we were young back then and I never thought that he would do it again, but today walking into our home to see him with another girl, I knew that was something we couldn't come back from, I knew it was something that I didn't want to come back from.

He was going on tour soon and maybe that's why he was trying to push me away. No, Mia, you can't make excuses for him. Not this time.

And that's all I could do was repeat those three words in my head and force myself to get on that plane in a few hours.

Benji's POV

I watched her run away from me and I threw the flowers against her car.

"Why am I so fucking stupid?!" I yelled at no one in particular.

"Because you're in love and you're scared." I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around and saw him standing there. "What the hell are you doing here?"

He laughed. "Joel called, so I'm here to save your stupid ass again."

"Tal?!" Brian exclaimed and gave him a hug.

"Syn!" We all greeted each other properly and walked across the street to a bar so that Tal could 'talk some sense into me yet again.' His words not mine.

"2 tequilas and a Jack and coke." He told the bartender.

He slid the shot glasses over to me and Brian and took a sip of his drink.

"What'd you do this time anyway?" He asked.

I stayed quiet. I was ashamed of what I did and I knew there was no possibility of her forgiving me, so what was the point of dwelling on it.

"Benji?" He asked.

I sighed. "I cheated."

He smacked me upside the head. "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you! Mia has been through everything with you and even forgave your dumb ass after you cheated on her the first time, are you trying to push her away?!" He shouted.

I didn't say anything and he looked at Brian for an answer.

"Tour is coming up and they're going to be in Australia for 2 years only one month break in between. He doesn't want to put her through that." Brian responded.

Tal looked at me. "Did you really cheat?"

I shook my head.

"You are a fucking idiot." He pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Calling Katelyn and making sure that Mia doesn't get on that plane. You are going to fix this."

Brian nodded. "That's why I told him this was a stupid idea."

Katelyn's POV

I was grabbing another cup of coffee before we left, Mia was about to board her plane and didn't want us to stay, when my phone went off. I pulled it out to see it was Tal.

"Tal?" I answered.

"Don't let your sister get on that plane!" He yelled.

"What? Why?" I asked. I couldn't believe that he had called me, it had been months since we last talked.

He sighed. "I'll explain later, just make sure she doesn't go to Maryland!"

I hung up, dropped my coffee and ran to where I left her and Sophie.

I got there to see Sophie grabbing her purse.

"Hey, I was about to go get you, you ready?" She asked me.

"Where's Mia?" I said trying to catch my breath.

She raised an eyebrow. "On the plane, where else?"

"Shit." I pulled my phone out and called Tal's number.

"I was too late."