Chapter 1

It wasn't always like this. I once had dreams, aspirations. Performing has always been where my heart lies, but not where my path followed.

Slowly bringing my finger to my lips, I subconsciously lick them turning the cheap glossy page of the idiotic gossip magazine. My eyes drop upon one half of Raw Silk, the more famous out the two, Kimberley Walsh. Her hair, sweet almost like honey, perfectly curled framing her face meeting the vibrant blonde that finishes shoulder length. Her flawless skin glowing, just as her eyes sparkle and her smile gleams. She screams class, elegance and sex appeal rocking a body-con dress; tightly sticking to her sensual curves. Her heart matching her breathtaking appearance, sadly broken by three previous husbands and too many abusive relationships than one can count. It's sad, the paps and press are clearly making her life a living hell. I want to grab out through the magazine and hold the probably trembling hand as she smiles bravely walking into her regular club. A audible sigh comes from my mouth and I quickly close the magazine glancing at my watch.

7:30 am, Nicola should be here any time now, although I rarely expect her on time. In fact she's getting worse than Sarah these days which I thought was impossible. I laugh picturing one of many of Sarah's late entrances, my dimples on show as a slight smile falls on my face. Although I'm not happy. Ironically to my job, I feel like the dead one only not physically on the outside. I glance back at the clock: 8:00am, if Nicola doesn't hurry her ass up we'll be late again! The boss already wants our heads.

Absorbing into my thoughts once again I'm interrupted by a honking of a horn. Recognising the familiar sound I take it as my signal to grab my bag and pull my coat trailing it with me as I leave locking the door and mounting into the white spotless Range Rover referred to as "Nicola's baby".

"Before you shout I have Starbucks and breakfast" Nicola mumbles her mouth full with half a cinnamon swirl. I giggle at the sight before wiping the other half of the swirl off her face. Typical Nicola.

"Depends" I joke smelling the contents of the drink that Nicola previously shoved in front of me. "Is it poisonous?" I laugh before hesitating to take a sip.

"Oi you cheeky cow, can't I treat my gorgeous best friend?" Earning myself a playful slap to the arm as she sulks. I suddenly attack her sides with tickles, her laughter erupts filling the car.

"Okay okay okay" she giggles catching her breath. "No more sulking! So what you wearing tonight?" She laughs still composing herself.

"Nicola I'm not.." I stop feeling a hand under my chin forcing me to look into her piercing light blue eyes. Her face softens at the sadness written over my face.

"Oh Bella" she softly responds, giving me a comforting squeeze on the leg.

Flashback:

My back crashes hard against the wall, as I'm thrown to the floor. I scream internally, knowing if any sound does erupt from my lips I'm dead.

That's when I hear it, a smug, cold, heartless laugh. Glass particles fly all over me, followed by a loud smash, cutting all visible flesh on show. I sob quietly as blood trickles down my servilely bruised body, knowing the quieter I am the faster it will end. I learnt that the hard way.

He runs towards me, his fist coming millimetres away from my face. Stopping forcing me to look up to his direction, allowing him to make the final swing. I curse myself at my foolish mistake. His fist meets my lips with force, causing blood to erupt spurting out of them. I yelp out foolishly. His actions shock me, he never usually hurt us anywhere visibly. He wasn't as stupid to.

"You're a dirty, ugly fat cow" he screams in my face, causing me to feel his violent breath against my skin. "You hear me?! You're a dirty f*cking slag!! Is poor chezza not gunna defend herself?" He laughs clearly loving the silence I'm giving him.

"Whatever I'm going out!" He bellows before slamming the door behind him, making even the walls tremble.

Falling to the ground, hysterically I sob pulling my knees up to my chest as a false protection.

When was this going to end?

"Cheryl?" She softly questions. I now realise the engines no longer running and Nicola is facing my direct a worried look plastered all over her face. I sigh at the memory. Although it finally did stop, the pain didn't.

"Cheryl for god sake" her voice hardens, irritated of being ignored.

"Look I know it's hard! But you need to forget that b*stard! You're so much better than he'll ever be! But cut this feeling sorry for yourself act! You have a best friend that is going out her head with nerves because she has her first gig tonight. Not to mention at one of the most popular clubs, that most celebrities go too! Don't be selfish Bella she needs us just as much as you needed us then! We were there for weren't we?!" It's then I realise everything she's saying is true.

"I think I might wear that black and white dress I got last week! Yano the one with the collar?" Answering her previous question.

"That's my Bella!" She smiles proudly. "I've heard a certain Kimberley Walsh will be there!" She wiggles her eyebrows teasingly and she runs out the car her long red hair following. I chase after her.

"Nicola wait....Kimberley?!" I question unbelievingly. And then it hits me. Sarah's performing at The Riz, Kimberley's usual club. This is insane.

I catch her up looping her arm in mine, as we both walk into work together.

Nicola's not only my best friend but my strength.