xxii. you've done us good, tokyo

Start from the beginning

"Shall we?" Gwilym gestured over to the blanket with the food and basket on top, extending his arm for Audrey to hold on to.

The brunette nodded excitedly and locked her arm with Gwilym's as they walked over to blanket. The pair quickly began eating from the selection of food Gwilym had graciously provided.

"So, what have you done today?" Gwilym asked Audrey, popping a grape into his mouth.

"Nothing much," Audrey shrugged. "Nothing compared to what you've been doing, at least."

"Don't say that," Gwilym spoke softly, taking Audrey's hands in his. "I always have more fun when I'm around you."

Hearing Gwilym speak to her like that made her heart flutter. "Why do you have to be so sweet?" Audrey smiled before leaning forward to kiss Gwilym, their hands still together.

Once she pulled away, Audrey got sad for a moment. Gwilym noticed immediately. "Is something wrong, Drey?"

"No, no. Nothing's wrong. I just can't believe that today's our last day in Tokyo," Audrey spoke sadly, she didn't want her time in Japan to end.

Gwilym just nodded, he had something to tell her, but couldn't bear to say it. Later, he thought to himself.

"But it needs to be done. I mean, I have my movie premiere in like four days so I have to get ready. I still can't believe that you're coming with me," Audrey smiled widely at him.

Gwilym's heart dropped at these words. She seemed so excited at the thought of her and Gwilym together at the On the Basis of Sex premiere in Los Angeles. He had yet to tell her that the Tokyo press tour had been extended by a week. He wouldn't be able to attend the premiere. But they were having such a nice date, he didn't want to ruin the mood. At least not yet.

"Oh! I just remembered. We're also going to be having dinner at Oliver's soon. Ayla's going to be there too. It's going to be so much fun!"

"Can't wait," Gwilym responded, trying to seem optimistic.

He couldn't break Audrey's heart. Not again.

 Not again