Viola nodded, bringing the necessary spell to mind. She hoped the entire chamber would be magiked, and then they could avoid potential arguments over how to share the treasure. She knew what Gilliam meant, and the look Berek gave the older man wasn't friendly in the least. At least, Janessa hadn't been offended; she took pride in not being a "common" thief.

With the words to the spell blazing in her mind, Viola took a pinch of sand from her pocket and tossed it in a wide arc so it encompassed the room while she began speaking the language of magic. It was the first time she attempted the reveal magic spell at that level, and she wasn't sure she did it properly. When the magic surged through her, she couldn't contain her gasp of joy when the ecstasy of the magic engulfed her and flowed into the chamber.

To everyone's surprise, and heartache, all but a small handful of items glowed. Drained, Viola placed her hand on the wall to steady herself. "Quickly... before the spell fades. Take whatever isn't glowing."

Not having to be told twice, and happy the ruby in her pocket hadn't started to glow, Janessa leapt into the treasure and started to grab everything that wasn't glowing or tied down, and of course, what she could carry. Galin and Berek, ignoring a pleading look from Gilliam, were far more gracious and reserved in their task. With so few objects not magiked, they were able to gather them all as the spell ended.

The group stood at the opening to the chamber holding everything from trinkets to jewelry to a diamond encrusted sash. None spoke as they looked at one another, bursting into laughter at the sight they each made with their arms burdened with the items.

Once they quieted, Galin said, "I don't suppose anyone thought to bring something to carry all of this?" There were eleven items in all; most were too large to carry without notice.

Gilliam had been the only one not to laugh at the lunacy of it all. He stood with a cynical smile on his face. "I suppose this means we put everything back." The rest of the group looked at him in shock. Berek was the first to move as he set his items on the ground. The cleric smiled with pride at his nephew, "Well done, Nephew."

Berek motioned for Gilliam to be quiet. The look in Berek's eyes was one of sorrow. "I'm sorry, Uncle, but we need your cloak.

Gilliam's smile vanished. My cloak? What could they want...? His thought trailed off when realization dawned on him. Irritated, he removed his heavy traveling cloak and handed it to Berek. "Stooping this low, Nephew?"

Berek took the cloak as well as his and spread them out on the ground. In a moment, he had them crisscrossed into a sturdy sack and put the items that would fit into its center. Once done, he twisted and tied the four ends together to form a type of handle, then handed it to Galin.

With his endeavor finished, his eyes locked with Gilliam's in a forceful battle of wills neither of them could break. "Not all of us are privileged to come and go as we please, Uncle."

The rest of the small group looked on for a moment. Viola and Janessa expected to see punches thrown or some kind of manly display between the two. Galin shifted uneasily as he watched. "Easy, lads, it's been a long day. Some ale and roast will make us all feel better."

Gilliam flushed, ashamed of what he said and contemplated doing. After everything that happened in the last day to improve their relationship, he almost wrecked it with a single act. "Berek, I..."

Berek turned from him; too angry to hear anything his uncle had to say. "Can you get us out of here?" he asked Viola, not wishing to make a scene.

Viola nodded. "Where do you want to go?" Berek shrugged, anywhere but there was said without a word being spoken.