Chapter One: Young Life

AN: Hello! A quick note before we get into the story just wanted to say thank you for checking out my new story. I love sailing with a passion, and I love Tom Hiddleston, so why not combine the two? Plus, you can't go wrong with pirates. Hope you enjoy the book. Also, thank you  for for making the awesome cover.

(Y/N's POV age twelve)

I was sitting on the dock, letting my feet hang over the edge as I watched the two masted Schooner approach. It's huge sails all the way down to catch as much wind as possible in them, carried cargo from far off countries. Also, on board was a young man, fourteen years old, a good friend of mine, Thomas William Hiddleston. I hadn't seen him in seven months because he went with his father on his trading voyage. I missed him terribly, we would often play together as young children, seeing how our families were so close. We would run around on the beach or swim in the ocean in the warmer months, and sometimes we would take out a small dingy with a sail on it out for the day because he knew how much I loved sailing.

After about an hour the ship got to the dock and I could see Thomas looking over the starboard side of the ship, his curly ginger-blond hair had grown longer since I had last seen him, down a few inches past his ears. A plank came down from the ship and hit the dock so people could begin to unload the cargo.

I saw Thomas coming down the plank with a bag slung over his shoulder. I ran to him and when he saw me, he dropped his bag and ran to me as well. When we met, I wrapped my arms around him, and he picked me up by my waist and spun me around.

"I missed you so much," I said to him when he set me down. "I am glad you made it back safely."

"Me too," Tom said with a smile. "It was weird not seeing you every day."

We walked back to my home that was up on the cliff that overlooked the sea to the west, talking about what had happened over the seven months he was away.

"You really went to Norway?" I asked full of wonder.

"Yep," He said happily. "It was absolutely beautiful Y/N. On our last night there we saw the Aurora, it filled the whole night sky with amazing colors. I will take you there one day so you can see it."

"Sounds incredible," I said wistfully. "You know, I will hold you to that Thomas."

(Y/N's POV age sixteen)

I could hear people talking downstairs when I woke up. I got out of bed and put on clothes to see who was here. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw that the door to the study was slightly open, and I could see inside. I didn't even get within a few feet of the door before I could tell who was in there, I could tell by their voices. Two of the three voices belonged to my parents, and the third was Tom's. Hearing his silky voice made me weak in the knees and my head spin. As I got closer to the door and saw them, I could also more clearly hear their conversation. Both of my parents were sitting on the loveseat while Tomas stood in front of them holding his hat in both hands.

"You are a good lad Thomas," I heard my father say sternly, making me wonder what they were talking about. "But I don't know, this is a major step."

"Please sir," Thomas said with a pleading tone. "I have known her for years, ever since we were children. I have wanted to ask her for so long but waited till she was sixteen. At least give me permission to ask Y/N if she will let me court her. It should be her choice, should it not?"

I gasped and stepped back from the door.

Thomas wanted to court me? And the comment on letting me choose? That normally wasn't how it worked, but I loved that about him.

As I backed away from the door, I bumped into chair causing it to make a loud noise. The voices in the study went quiet, then the door opened revealing my mother.

"Y/N," She said questioningly. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"Maybe," I said lowering my head. "I only just came down."

"So, then you must have heard," Tom said stepping out of the study towards me. "I planned on asking you in a more romantic way, but I guess that plan has changed." He took my hands in his and I looked into my eyes. "Y/N Y/L/N, will you let me, Thomas William Hiddleston have the honor of courting you?"

"Yes," I said happily. "Yes, a hundred times over, yes!"

He wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace.

"I am so glad my love," Tom said to me then looked at my parents. "And I when you are of age I will marry you if you will still have me."

"If I don't," I said to him with a happy laugh. "Then take me to see the Doctor, because that would mean I would be out of my mind."

"Well them," My father said from behind us. "I guess that means you won't be needing us to have you marry the duke then. Tomas comes from a good family and will treat you well. I accept."

"Thank you," Tom said gratefully. "I will take care of her now, and when we are married."

After about an hour of talking with my parents, Thomas and I managed to slip away and take a walk down to the shore. Him holding my hand the whole way down.

"I am so glad you said yes," Thomas said as we walked across the beach, our feet slightly in the water. "You are so amazing."

"I am glad you asked," I said looking into his eyes deeply. "I have had the same feeling for you for so long, I was just so worried you didn't like me back."

Thomas stepped in front of me and took both of my hands in him, and gave me a loving look.

"Only a madman wouldn't love you," He said softly. "You are truly the most loving, sweetest, and beautiful person I have ever met, and I sound be the one surprised you feel the same for me. I was scared I would lose you to someone else if I didn't ask you soon enough."

"Always the wordsmith," I said blushing. "Don't worry Tom, I am all yours. And, in a few years, when I am of age, we will be married and bond together for all of eternity."

We were standing really close now.

"You don't know how badly I want to kiss you right now," Tom said with a slight hunger in his voice. "But I know we can't yet and I will respect tha-"

Before he could finish I pulled him by his shirt down to my level so I could bring my lips to his. I could tell he was surprised at first but then melted into it. Our lips moved together in perfectly and it was like heaven. His lips were so soft, and the way he kissed was soft and loving. As far as first kisses go, I'd say this was a pretty good one.

"Wow," I said as we broke away. "That was amazing."

"You don't know how long I have wanted to do that," Tom said to me with a giddy smile. "But you do know that what we just did broke some rules right?"

"I won't tell if you don't," I said with a smirk. "It will be our little secret."

Tom lightly kissed my nose and then brought me to him in a tight hug,

"That's my girl," He said, and I could tell he was smirking. "I won't tell a soul."

Hearts on The High Seas (Pirate!Tom Hiddleston x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara