The Problem With Pinky Promises

The Problem with Pinky Promises

Chapter 1

Jacob twirled my hair around his fingers and smiled at me lovingly. He was telling me about some movie that he had watched the other day. I was half listening and half fighting the urge to close my eyes and go to sleep, I was so comfortable.

"It was so good; do you want to watch it with me one day?" He asked me with a huge grin. "Don't worry it had girly bits in it too, the whole time I was watching it I thought of you."

I nodded my head and smiled up at him. "Yeah that sounds really good."

"I'll make you dinner and all that." Jacob whispered back pulling me onto his lap and kissing my hair.

I'd met Jacob two years ago. My best friend Noah introduced me to him. From the moment Jacob and I had looked at each other we'd been in love. His light blue eyes had stared into mine and he'd pretty much said that we'd 'connected'. He had short dirty blonde hair which he usually wore natural.

I shook my head again, back to reality. I smiled happily. "Are you the best boyfriend ever or what?"

He smiled and tipped my chin up so that I was looking into his eyes. "Please Katia; you don't even deserve someone this good."

I sighed and let him kiss me quickly before we were interrupted. Noah marched into the room singing along to some song and plunked himself on the couch beside me and kissed my cheek ignoring the fact that I had just been about to make out with my boyfriend. I frowned and turned my head to look at him.

"What's wrong Katia; you don't seem that happy to see me? Did I ruin the moment? Don't mind me. Carry on." He chuckled and rested his feet in my lap.

"Dude why did you have to come in here, there are plenty of other rooms in this house you know?" Jacob shook his head looking like a kid who'd just dropped his ice-cream on the side walk.

Noah laughed and shrugged. "I wanted to see my girl; you know you really do need to learn how to share Jake."

"I shouldn't have to share, she's my girlfriend. That totally trumps whatever you think the two of you have going on." Jacob disagreed with a smirk.

Noah gestured to me. "Do you hear this?! He's pretty much saying that we can't be friends."

I shook my head and shifted away from Jacob with an amused grin. "Well that's absurd! I can be friends with whoever I want and I don't think I want a boyfriend that thinks he can boss me around like that." I laughed. "I think we might have to break up."

Jacob grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap kissing all up my neck to my lips. "No baby, don't leave me please! I love you!"

I giggled and sighed. "Well if you insist."

Noah was totally used to us goofing off around him. He didn't mind that we were both totally love struck with each other. He claimed that he thought it was cute. Jacob and Noah had been best friends since primary school and they'd always been able to compromise on girls and everything else.

I thought that was cute.

"We've got a big basketball game tonight, are you coming to watch Kat?" Noah wondered with a wide grin.

I shrugged and nodded with a smile. "Who else would cheer you on?"

He scoffed and moved closer to squeeze my knee which he knew tickled me. "You take that back!"

I jumped up and grabbed the grey beanie off his almost black head of hair. "No way, Ark."

He hated it when I called him Ark. "Come on Kitty Kat I will get you."