Chapter One: A Tragic Accident

Gabby's P.O.V:

I looked out my window, the sunset was breath taking. The birds were singing, and I could see kids playing outside. It was the last month of summer. And I planned to do something memorable.

"What do you plan on doing?" Sarah, my best friend, asked me from behind.

I spun around to see her long light brown hair tied into a ponytail, her hazel eyes were shiny, she was wearing a dark grey hoodie along with some shorts.

"Have an adventure. Do something new. Something that's never happened to us before." I replied, walking out of my room and into the living room.

Sarah followed with a blank expression. Then she smiled, "Ha! Leave it to us to make our last month of summer, better then our entire summer!!"

We sat on my couch laughing, then I quickly remembered, "Actually, I know four guys that do the same exact thing."

She sighed, "Are they the same four guys that we lounged around the house with all summer?"

"YUP!! Yours truly, Isaiah Chester, Thomas Wallow, Matt LeRay, and Jack Frost." I could feel the burning in my cheeks when I said Jack's name.

"And you're blushing.. Why are yo- OH MY GOD!!!! You like Jack!!!" Sarah started jumping around in excitement.

I blushed even more, my face had to be as red as a tomato by then. I was just about to answer when someone burst through the door. I sighed in relief.

He had hair as white as freshly fallen snow,which was shadowing his face, he was wearing a dark blue hoodie with frost around the collar, he also had on brown pants, and in his hand there was a long brown staff. He was panting a lot. It was Jack.

I couldn't help but laugh, and his dark blue eyes shot up at me, and I quickly stopped my laughter.

"What happened to you?" I said, laughing once again.

"I punched Thomas. You gotta hide me." Jack answered finally standing up straight.

I groaned at the thought of my ex-boyfriend. Then looked at Jack and sighed. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down my hallway.

Jack's P.O.V:

"Hey, let's go to Gabby's house." I could hear Isaiah say as he was walking towards me.

"Nah, that wouldn't be fair to Frost. Considering, Gabby did date me and, not him." Thomas bent over laughing like a maniac.

"Whatever. She'll date me one of these days, she's gotta." I said with confidence.

"Yeah right. Face it Frost. You're in the friend zone. And you're NEVER getting out. You know maybe I'll see if Gabby wants to go out with me again..." Thomas kept talking. But I tuned him out.

My anger was rising and I couldn't hold it back any longer.

"You bastard!" I screamed as I punched him in the gut.

He bent over again, only this time, he was bent over in pain. I could hear him growling and I knew this wouldn't end well. I quickly grabbed my staff and started flying, it was an unfair advantage but, hey. I had to get away from him.

I looked around and saw Gabby's house. It was an older house, and it was three stories high! Well, the third floor was an attic, but still.

I broke through the door and was knelt over panting. I could hear two people giggle, it was Gabby and Sarah. I looked up at Gabby and she quickly stopped giggling. Her black hair was a little longer then her shoulders, and it had four white stripes in it. Her brown eyes were sparkling and her face was flawless. She had a sprinkle of freckles over her nose, she wasn't tan, but she wasn't pale. She was the perfect in-between. She was wearing skinny jeans and a snowflake hoodie I bought her for her birthday a couple months ago. I smirked at her beauty.