Chapter 13 ~ Damian

You're not right in the head.

        The words pounded in my ears like crashing waves furiously pushing into the shoreline. They wavered and pulsed with the heart of a behomithic beast I couldn't identify- rattling my core and tainting my every thought. Not a single thing could get through the thick swell of noisy distraction as I moved to sit alongside the doctor.

        It was heart-stopping really, silently sitting on the cushions of the couch; shoulder pressed delicately to the doctor's side.

        I truly wanted to shiver away at his touch or to cringe from his hold, but to no avail. Fear held me still. Perhaps it'd be better this way. However. It seemed he had bit his anger for the moment and replaced it solely with calm comforting tones- one falsely convincing word after another.

       "I mean, goodness, why would you ever want to leave?" he rambles out quickly, glancing up to me now with an eerie stare.

        "You've everything you need here, do you not? You have me- and you have-" he acted as though he could go on and on, so ignorantly, I broke his sentence with that of my own, cutting through his words as easy as paper.

        "Doctor, you fed me human flesh. Human flesh! That you killed! Doctor, that's psychotic!" I exclaimed, wringing one of my hands nervously around my throat. Without thinking on it too much, I began to rub my palm against it in self-comfort.

        I couldn't look at him, but I could sure as hell feel his focused eyes drilling into me. My mouth might get me killed, too.

        "Doctor," I began again, much quieter and submissive, "...I can't stay-" I hushed, though just as rudely as I had been before, he broke my statement.

        "(Y/n), you know you'll never male it out there," his voice came out harsh, cold like a blizzard raging overhead, "you're a criminal to them, just as I-"

        "Doctor, I would never kill anybody!" I interrupted him once again, thus luring a low, unsteady growl from between his teeth. It was coated in furious anger- concealed beneath his ragged breath. "I'd never eat anybody either, for that matter!"

        "But you did!" he argued.

        "Unknowingly! Unwillingly!" I jousted, pointing an accusatory finger to him now.

        I felt angry, untroubled in that moment of confronting him for what he'd done. At least, until he snatched my wrist firmly in his other hand rather suddenly.

        My eyes averted back to him just as quickly, swallowing hard now as I met his infuriated gaze.

        "You are not leaving." he grit through his teeth, "I've gone through too much for you to give up on me like that."

        I cowered a bit, watching as he leaned more so toward me. I just tried to lean away, but couldn't bring myself to try and tug from his grip.

        "B-but..doctor.." I hushed, wincing a little as I looked away, attempting to blink back tears. He pulled me closer, situating my form against his side, now.

        "Hush, my little finch." he cooed. My stomach dropped a little bit, not daring to pull away. I simply followed his orders as my voice fell entirely.

        Clearing my throat, I leaned into him, finding that straining to sit up from him was not only beginning to make my spine uncomfortably ache, but also causing him to try and hold me tighter; which was the opposite of what I was desiring.

        In the silence, his lips met my forehead, delicately frigid as they pressed to my skin. At that moment, he seemed more like a corpse- a certain elegant grace to his pale complexion and cold, ice bitten skin. I closed my eyes to avoid a shiver.

        "I-I'm sorry, doc..." I quitened once more. It was a lie, but I'd have to get back on his good side if I wanted any chance of escaping.

        "Damian." he abrupts. I look to him questionably- though still relatively fear-stricken,

        "...what?" I whispered.

        "That's my real name. Damian." he narrows his eyes a little bit, "Considering you're mine, you ought to know. Don't call me doctor." he instructed, sounding rather demanding in his tone.

        My breath kind of caught in my throat, shocked to say the least. Not that it lessened my fear, I just watched him closely; eyes wide, mouth shut. Okay then. Damian.

        "Do not call me 049, either." he hisses through his teeth this time, presenting a clear hatred for those worn numbers.

        "A-alright, Damian..." I uttered, saying the name just to get used to it.

        If only I'd known him by that name before everything happened- when I could have said it with love and understanding.

        Instead, I was left to see this name as it was; a true son of the devil.

        If only things could have gone well.

        If only.

((A/n:)) I'd like to apologize for taking such a long break, everyone! I was going through something personal and needed the christmas break to get back on my feet and not worry about anything. Hopefully you all understand.. it's also a bit of a short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed the surprise! 

On another note, don't forget to check out my patreon- if I could even get a handful of you fabulous readers to donate a dollar a month, it'd make it much easier for me to dedicate more of my time to writing rather than other things like work. 

Thanks for reading ^^