"That's... That's so weird." Mark managed. I looked at him with a smile.

"How? Don't you love Storm?" I asked. Mark blinked, letting that sink in before he blushed, averting his eyes.

"I... I think so. I don't know. I feel weird talking about it." He confessed. I smirked and started to say something when Mark suddenly stopped. He was staring straight ahead, like he was lost in a trance.

"Storm, wait!" I called up to him. He stopped and turned around with a frown, then became concerned when he saw Mark standing there stiffly, his arms at his sides and the jacket just barely resting on his shoulders. Amber came beside me to peer into his face with a frown.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked. Mark answered for her with a low cry and sank to his knees in the leaves, covering his ears for a second before grabbing at his chest, gasping out loud.

"Agh! It hurts!" He choked. We fell to our knees around him as he writhed, clawing at his chest and throwing the jacket off his shoulders. His hard nails ripping right through the under armour shirt, leaving it in shreds as well as thick scratch marks on his chest where his nails tore through his shirt.

"Mark, stop!" Storm commanded and caught Mark's wrists before he could do any more damage to himself. Mark writhed, arching his back and throwing his head back, gasping for air.

"I can't...! I can't breath! It hurts!" He cried out in agony, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Mark, what hurts?" I demanded. This was another memory lash, I realized. Mark was remembering another moment of pain, but I couldn't pinpoint it until I knew the source of his pain. At least, so I could make a guess.

"My lungs! I can't breath! Hole!" He choked, then sucked in a sharp, wheezing breath as he jerked forward into Storm's arms. Storm wrapped Mark against him tightly, gripping him as Mark sobbed in pain, choking and gasping for air. Storm looked at me, his eyes sharp. I ignored the accusation in his eyes as I grimaced.

"He's remembering the pain of the emphysema. He's... remembering what it felt like to die." I admitted with a cringe as Mark screamed, grabbing onto Storm desperately. Storm squeezed his eyes shut and ground his teeth together, holding onto Mark tightly. Amber covered her mouth, surprising me with the way her eyes seemed to glisten for a moment. She noticed my stare and blinked rapidly, shaking her head so her hair curtained the side of her face.

I looked back at Mark as he wheezed and slowly seemed to catch his breath. Unfortunately, the pain had been too much and Mark slumped against Storm in silence.

"Is he all right?" Amber asked in alarm, leaning forward to listen. I waited as she nodded and sighed in relief at the sound of his breathing. Storm grimaced and shifted Mark in his arms, rising to his feet as he carried Mark bridal style. Amber and I stood too, following close behind Mark as we walked.

"His memories are going to keep coming back in pieces. First it was the car crash that killed his parents and now it's his death. He'll probably keep having episodes until his memory is fully restored." I explained matter-of-factly.

"What're you going to tell him when he realizes that you're my fiance and he is not?" Storm asked me, his voice harsh. I winced, averting my eyes.

"The truth..." I started, but Storm scowled, making me grimace as I prepared myself for another mental beating.

"He'll already know it because he remembers. He'll remember that we're supposed to be married. He'll remember everything, right down to my surprise attack on his throat, if he doesn't already remember. What'd you think he'll do then, huh? Smile, shrug it off, and tell you not to worry about it? You just lied to him about something very important, Alexander."