🔥💧🌪🌳5🌳🌪💧🔥

The next few weeks fly by a bit quickly. Katherine practically moved into the mansion. She still works at the bar when she can, but spends most of her time at the mansion, cooking for the three other occupants there, since Yukio returned maybe a week after Ajax was killed. She formed a quick bond with Katherine, who loved her as another daughter, or as she would always tell both Ellie and Yukio; "she's my future daughter-in-law." Colossus and Katherine also started forming a strong bond. They bonded over training, conversations, and their love/affection/protectiveness of the two teens. Katherine has visited Wade and Vanessa a few times, but never stayed long because they always acted like rabbits, and she didn't wanna see that. Currently she's in the kitchen, working side by side with Colossus, making lunch. It was simple sandwiches, so Colossus didn't have much difficulty as he helped.

"Where are Ellie and Yukio?" She asks curiously to the giant man.

"They went to the mall." He says with his thick Russian accent.

She will admit that at first, the accent was intimidating and scary, but now she feels it calm her every time she's upset. She finally found a place where she doesn't fear being touched. All three of the X-men in the mansion are able to give her hugs, pat her shoulder, and hold her hand(Yukio and Ellie). She's happy she's staying here with them. She leans towards Colossus, leaning on his right side as she sighs happily, reveling in the cold metallic feel.

"Have I ever said how thankful I am, staying here with you three?"

"Only every hour since you started three weeks ago." He grunts.

"Oh." She giggles as she sees his slight smile. "Why don't you smile often? I'm sure your smile would make anyone happy."

"No. Just make them scared." He grunts, frowning now, like usual.

"Hmmm..." She hums as she hugs his arm, her left wing going and wrapping as far as it can around him. "I don't think it'd scare me."

The conversation ends there as Colossus finishes the last sandwich and she takes them and places them on a platter as Yukio and Ellie enter the kitchen with a few bags. They seemingly bought groceries instead of just buying knickknacks and clothes. After they've put everything away, they eat a few sandwiches when Katherine notices something off. She looks at them, mother instincts kicking in as she searches for any visible wounds, before she stops at their hands. She gasps as she sees them holding hands. She squeals, grabbing Colossus' hand and jumping up and down like an excited child.

"My ship has sailed!" She squeals as she pulls Colossus' hand until he sees what exactly she sees. He glances down at her and smiles uncertainly.

"That's... great?" He doesn't understand what she meant exactly.

"I mean, they're holding hands! Their relationship has sailed!" She squeals more. She stops as she realizes she's confusing him even further.

"Moooooooommmm!" Ellie whines in embarrassment as Yukio giggles.

"Oh, come on. You've known I shipped you two since I first heard about Yukio, and she knew ever since I met her in person. Probably before that." Katherine says as she places a finger on her chin to think back.

"But this is so embarrassing." Ellie continues as she glances between her surrogate mother, and her mentor, who she sometimes thinks of as a surrogate father to her. "You and dad are just..." she hears herself and stops.

"Awkward." Yukio says jokingly as Colossus and Katherine freeze. They look to one another before looking at Ellie, worried on why she stopped.

"Hatchling? What's wrong? Why'd you stop? Did I say something?"

"No... it's just..." Ellie trails off, scared of their reactions. "I called him dad..."

"Oh, baby, it's alright. It's only natural since he does treat you like a daughter. It's nothing to be ashamed of, hatchling." Katherine coos softly.

"So... are you two dating then?" Ellie asks in confusion.

"No, heavens no!" Katherine defends as she looks wide eyed at Colossus.

"Then..." Ellie stops talking, too scared and embarrassed to continue.

"Baby, it's okay for you to call him dad." Katherine says, kind of reading her mind, (she doesn't have that power, using an expression😉) "And it doesn't necessarily mean we are dating. It just means you see him as your surrogate father like you see me as your surrogate mother."

"Oh." Ellie deflates, secretly hoping the two were dating. It's her 'ship'.

"Alright. You two should go, I'm sure you've got a busy schedule today." Katherine winks and the two teens nod and walk out of the kitchen. Katherine gathers the plates and takes them to the sink. "You're awfully quiet, did Ellie unsettle you with what she said and asked?"

"No." Colossus says simply, going to help her dry the plates. "I just was caught up in a daydream. It was nothing." He says absently.

"What was it about?" She asks curiously. He hums as though he didn't quiet heat her. "What was your daydream about, Peter?"

"Oh..." he says softly. "What it would be like if we were dating." He blushes, well as much as he can with metal skin. "If Ellie called us mom and dad more often... if we..." He trails off as Katherine starts to catch on.

"Be a family?" She offers for him. He nods softly, looking at her from the corner of his eye. "We already are a family, a small but happy family."

"Yeah..." he mumbles. "But don't you ever wonder what your life would be like if you had kids of your own? And maybe if you never had these powers or your disorder before them?" He asks curiously.

"No. Never. I had that disorder ever since I could remember. And getting my powers led me to meet Ellie and Yukio. And you." She explains as she puts the dishes away. "And kids? Sure I imagine having them. I just need to find the right guy that I want to have them with."

Unbeknownst to them, as they were talking and probably misunderstanding one another, they both were hiding that the person they wanted to spend their life with, was actually each other. Colossus wanted to spend the rest of his life with Katherine beside him, making her happy however he can. Katherine wanted the same thing, maybe even with children in the future too. They were too oblivious to realize it though. And Yukio and Ellie have both been listening in, and made a plan to get the two together. This plan however, would take a few days till it's ready to be started.