Chapter 6

Sorry... School started and I've been so stressed you have no idea...

When we arrived back at the Theatre everyone was waiting for the cast list to come out. After what felt like eternity. FINNALLY the director walked out and posted the list. WE. SWARMED. I frantically scanned the list, and for a painful moment, I thought my name wasn't there. Then my heart leapt.

Eponine: Brooklyn Peters

I walked back to the group with my head down, looking sad. Smiling on the inside because of the wonderful joke I was about to play.

        "Idiots..." I heard george mutter as I got closer, "Idiots to not have chosen her..."

        "Brooke..." Fra's gentle voice swayed me as I let a few (fake) tears well up in my eyes.

        "Not even understudy..." I whispered as a tear fell onto my cheek. Fra pulled me into his arms and held me tight.

        "Its okay Brooklyn... I'm so sorry for making you do this, I never wanted to hurt you..." He trailed off when he heard my laugh. 

        "Is she... okay?" I heard George ask Liz, "I think she needs to sit down somewhere..." 

        "You should've seen your faces!" I laughed. "I made it!!!" 

        "FREAK BROOKLYN YOU SCARED ME!!!" Liz screamed as she smacked my arm repeatedly. "I HATE YOU!!! YOU BUTT-HEAD!!!" She grinned light-heartdly this time. "Dork"

        Fra slowly pulled me out of her reach and grinned. "Dang... you really are a good actress..." I blushed a bright red... Somehow I could act anywhere and however I wanted... but around Fra I just... I could feel the electricity every time his hand brushed my arm... His face and smile and teeth and everything just made me so giggly... 

        "Well...?" Fra looked at me expactantly.

        "Well what..?" I blushed even more.. oh no... I was being so obvious I needed to get out of here. 

        Fra laughed a lighthearted chuckle, "I asked you how you wanted to celebrate...?"

        "Oh! yes.. um... I've got to freshen up... then we can head out to ice cream...? I love ice cream..." Fra laughed and I fanally tore my gaze away from his perfect face and realized we were alone. "where did Liz and George go....?"

        "They left." He said simply. "You didnt notice?"

        "No" I sighed. 'I was too busy staring at your flawless face...'  

        "Okay, you go "freshen up" and I'll Meet you by the door in a few clock ticks?"

        "Yeah... sure..." I practically screamed inside. Lord I had to get over him... 

In the changing room I took four minutes and cleaned up. I didn't deserve to be going out to celebrate with such a perfect man... I was just me... I glanced in the mirror and winced. "This will have to do." I sighed as I rushed out the door and into the cool, misty night.