SEVEN - DON'T STOP ME NOW

Start from the beginning

"Fred, you really have it bad." Roger snickered, his eyes twinkling with mischief as Freddie shot him a middle finger.

"Too many questions! Jesus, Freddie."

"Fred, we saw him and I saw him again yesterday. Aside from the fact that he's deeply hurt by the fact that you've started avoiding him with no reason? He's well. And from what I've seen, he's definitely worried more than a friend." John counted with his fingers.

Freddie felt the rush of regret climbing through his body again. He was stupid, he admits that. But now he's going to do anything just to make Elijah forgive him. He won't stop till they're finally okay again. If you asked him, he would do everything just so Elijah will be happy.

On the other hand though, he also felt the charge of happiness fill him when he heard John say that Elijah's worried about him, more than a friend. So I do have a chance after all, and I won't waste it. Freddie mused.

"Wait, Deaky, you've seen him yesterday? Since when were you two so close?" Roger couldn't help the doubt seep in his voice when he heard what John said.

"I decided to stop by to see how he's doing and we just talked and he even made me listen to one of his songs. It was really a good song, it's named 'Meet Me in the Hallway'."

Freddie couldn't deny the fact that he felt jealous because John heard an unreleased song of Elijah before him. It also made him feel petty and he was close on boasting about the fact that he helped Elijah with most of his songs and that's partly the reason why he always went to his house. But he shook the thought, it's childish and it won't do anything to make him feel better.

"O man! I should've come with you. I wanted to hear one of his songs for forever now, I've only heard Sign of the Times and it's only because he released it." Roger sulked.

"Yeah you should, it's a song about Fredd— oh shoot, I wasn't meant to say that." John accidentally revealed and the two let out simultaneous gasps.

Meanwhile, Freddie whipped his head so quick he thought he was going to get a whiplash. He almost stuttered, "H-he wrote a song about me?"

"Deaky!" Brian suddenly shouted, seeing the hopeful look on Freddie's face while John let out a deep breath. "Yeah, he did. He'll perform it on BBC as well, so you should come, Freddie. I'm not bound to not tell you anything, but it's better to hear it yourself."

"You're such a killjoy, Deaky." Roger whined.

"Okay, for him, I will. But, look! We're going way out of topic here, darlings. I confessed about me being in love with him because I wanted to hear your opinion,"

"On what?"

"On how I can make it up to him?" Freddie almost smiled impishly, his face flushing up in embarrassment. He can't believe he really was asking for advice, but he didn't exactly have the greatest of relationships, except for Mary that is, and look how that turned out.

"Oh you're on your own with that, Freddie. I'm not helping you." John immediately replied.

"Don't be such an ass, Deaky. Freddie, I don't know? You can go to his apartment and if he doesn't immediately slam the door on your face— which most likely, he will or he won't; and talk and maybe have sex afterwards— fuck! Deaky, Brian!" Roger offered before he was immediately hit by John on the stomach and Brian on the head, he groaned loudly and cursed.

"You're acting like you made a better explanation than me, Rog." John said, amused but also annoyed at what he suggested.

"Well duh? When they have sex they can be together and Fred will finally stop having his head stuck on his ass." Roger said, receiving a glare from Freddie as well, though his face was tinted because of the image Roger gave him, now he can't get it out of his head.

"Shut up, Roger." That was the only thing Freddie was able to respond with, seeing that his mind was still in a whirl with a bunch of images... that weren't really good for both his heart and mind.

"Don't listen to the last part Roger said, but I do agree that you should come to his apartment and talk. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about since Elijah obviously loves you a lot or else he would never talk about you anymore." Brian told him.

Freddie couldn't get rid of the anxiety that still filled his bones, but there was a spark of hope hearing what the three said and knew he'll find a way to make it better.

"Okay, I'll come to his apartment tomorrow. I won't mess this up, I promise, dears."

"That's my Fred!" Deaky clapped his hands and grinned.

"Yes! And have sex alright!"

"What is up with you and Elijah and Freddie having sex, Roger? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Don't be such a prude, Brian. It's not like you've never had sex. I'm just telling him that so they can stop being bloody oblivious idiots and date each other already!"

"Shut up, Rog."

author's note!

I was listening to Harry Styles' "Meet Me in the Hallway" while writing this and the lyrics resonated so well with me that I've decided to mention it here and that it's a song about Freddie ! Read the lyrics and yall will understand ;)

Here's a picture of heaven in the form of Joe and Ben because I, too, would die for them