"I thought so." He whispers. Then the door opens.

"OH MY GOD!!!! ARE WE INTERRUPTING???" Zach screeches. Jake and I laugh.

"No." I say, shaking my head. I turn towards them, but don't let go of Jake. The whole team is here, still in their uniforms, too.

"They let all of you in?" I say, raising my eyebrows.

"It took some convincing." Garrett admits. We laugh.

"But we did it!!" Zach yells.

"Shhhh. They'll remove you." I laugh.

"Well, fuck them." Zach says.

"Wow." I laugh again. Jake laughs too, then winces. All the laughter ceases.

"Guys, I'm fine. Just can't laugh that much because I broke a few ribs." He says, waving his hand dismissively. I look at him once more.

"I'm fine. Really." He says, smiling a little.

"Okay. If you say so." I reply.

"Awwwwwwww. Look at the cute couple. So adorable. So caring. So loving." Zach says, a dreamy look on his face.

"Aw. Poor Zach. You can't get a girl to stay more than a night with you." I say, laughing. Everyone, including Zach, laughs.

"Whatever, Taylor. We'll see when college comes around." He says, smirking. I laugh.

"Yeah, okay. You're dating pool, is now becoming a puddle." I say, laughing harder. Zach glares at me, causing the entire team to erupt into laughter. The older nurse, Karen, walks in.

"Okay. You guys need to be quiet. You're waking everyone up." She says, glaring at us.

"But miss. We are a team. We do everything together. And of course, we can't trust Taylor to be alone with Jake." Zach says in the manliest voice he can muster.

"Enough. Shut up or you will have to come in groups." Karen says angrily.

"Someone forgot to eat their wheat thins this morning." Garrett says in a sing song voice.

"Out. Get out now." Karen yells. "Nope. They're staying or else I file a bunch of complaints." Jake threatens. Karen rolls her eyes and stalks out.

"Well then. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I say. Everyone laughs.

"I know we haven't been here long, but it's 11 already. My parents will be worried. I should probably go." Garrett says.

"Yeah. I guess we should." Alex says.

"Taylor, do you need a ride home?" Zach asks.

"Nah. I'm good. I think I'm gonna stay here." I reply nervously.

"Okay." Zach says. They say their goodbyes and shuffle out of the room.

"I'm really tired because of all that." Jake says.

"It's probably also because its 11 PM and you're on a bunch of meds." I reply.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go to sleep if you don't mind." Jake says, glancing up at me.

"Yeah. That's totally fine." I reply.

"Just promise me that you won't leave." Jake says, his eyes troubled.

"Of course I won't leave. Jake, I'm your best friend. And your girlfriend. I'd never leave you after this." I say, staring into his eyes.

"Thanks. I love you." He says, staring back.

"I love you, too." I reply, kissing him. Throughout all of this, I've never once let go of his hand. He closes his eyes, and starts to drift off. The door opens.

"Visiting hours are closed." Karen says.

"I'm staying here tonight." I say.

"That's against-" She starts.

"I can't go home to an empty house tonight. He has always been there, now he can't be." I cut her off, my voice shaking. My eyes well up with tears so I blink them away.

"Sweetie. Where's your parents?" She asks worriedly.

"My mom is going to be away for a month. And I don't care where my dad is." I reply, my voice shaking some more.

"You can stay the night here, I guess. Let me get you a cot or something." She replies, concern flitting through her eyes.

"Thank you." I say softly. She walks out.

"I'll always be there, Taylor. Just say it and I'll walk right out of this hospital." Jake says. I turn around and see him watching me.

"Thanks." I say, a single tear slipping down my face. I quickly brush it away. Karen walks back in, wheeling an extra bed.

"This will have to do." She says.

"It's great. Thank you." I reply. She nods, then starts putting sheets on. Then she just walks out. Okayyyy. I wheel the bed over to Jake's, so that it's pushed up against it.

"Is it okay if I let go for a second?" I ask.

"Only a second." He replies, a smile on his face. I smile, too. I get into 'my' bed and pull the blankets up around me. Then I flip over to face Jake, taking his hand again.

"Thanks." He says.

"For what?" I ask.

"Everything." He replies.

"It is my pleasure." I say, kissing him. Then I shut my eyes, the last thing I see is his face. He kisses my head, then settles down in his bed.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you, too." I whisper back. Then I drift off.