Neil's party (part 2)

Dylan's P.O.V.

After dinner, the six of us and Gideon and Parker played hide and seek in the mansion. Neil and David were on the phone. At 9:30, the kids were getting sleepy so they went to bed.

We ate desert with David and Neil. The waiters served us some crème brûlée and strawberries. At 10, we decided to get out the karaoke machine. We all sang Riptide by Vance Joy.
Then David and Neil sang Love shack by B-52's.
Avi and Malina sang Wannabe by Spice girls.
Kitana and Louis sang Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley.

It was Y/n and my turn to sing a duet. We picked Little talks by Of monsters and men (you can choose another song I just like this one and it's a duet. The song is above.)

We each had a microphone. We ran around in circles. I sang the male parts and Y/n sang the female ones. We were jumping around, having a great time. Reading the lyrics of the projector.
The others were swinging to the rythm on the sofa. We really went all out. If I do say so myself. We'd jump back every time we'd scream "Hey!"

As the song slowed down, we did as well. The song ended, as we were inches away, staring into each other's eyes. Our friends clapped and "woooo"ed. We bowed and sat back down, exhausted. It was about 10:40. 1 hour and 20 minutes until the new year.

We then decided to watch a movie. Malina and Kitana on one couch, David and Neil on another one, Louis and Y/n on the third one and Avi and I on the last one. We watched the Notebook on the flat screen TV.

We were all crying our hearts out by the end of the movie. It was 11:58.

Kitana: GUYS ITS IN A MINUTE!!!!

We all rushed to the balcony. Waiting for the annual fireworks. Neil got his phone out and started counting: 20; 19...
I looked for Y/n but couldn't find her. She wasn't in the balcony. I ran back to the living room and found her sound asleep on the couch. "10;9;8", I heard Neil say in the distance. I sat down besides her. She looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake her up. "5;4;3;2;1", Neil yelled. I heard the fireworks go off. "Happy New Year", they all yelled from the balcony. I stayed next to Y/n. I didn't care that much about the fireworks. I just wanted to start the new year with her besides me. I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Happy New Year", I whispered so she wouldn't wake up.

Soon after the fireworks ended, Kitana and Louis left. Then Malina and finally Avi.

The only ones left were Neil, David, Y/n and I. The kids were sleeping in their room.

David: do you want some help carrying her home?

Dylan: I'll manage.

I got our bags. And walked out of the house, Y/n leaning on my shoulder.

Dylan: Can you walk?

She groaned in response, eyes still closed.
Her house was 30 minutes away. I couldnt carry her that looks long. She hopped on my back still asleep. I piggybacked her all the way to the nearest bus station. I put her down on the bench and read the sign. "Bus 4 to Sutherland drive", I read. I knew that she lived a minute away from Sutherland drive. We waited 5 minutes for the 12:35  bus to come. We hopped on and sat in the back. She was sound asleep on my shoulder. Our stop arrived and I put her  on my back, her legs wrapped around my waist. I carried her to the porch. I found a spare key under the door mat.

I carried her up the stairs to her bedroom. She laid on her bed. I took off her shoes and tucked her in her sheets. God she was cute. I was heading to the door when I heard a faint groan.

Y/n:  Can you stay?

I turned around in surprise.

Dylan: Sure. Good night, Y/n.

I gently closed the door and went downstairs. Why did she ask me to stay? Should I? Yeah, she asked me to.
I laid down on the couch and drifted to sleep.