Friends to Lovers Pt. 16

"Would you believe me if I told you that Eric kidnapped me and Four and Max came to my rescue?" I raised my eyebrows towards my friends and shot them an unsure smile. "We would have believed you, if you hadn't asked us if we would believe you!" Xavier grabbed my shoulders and made me sit down on a bed.
He and Lucy sat down on the bed opposite from me, staring at me.
"Okay...so, you can't tell anyone. Yesterday, I couldn't wake up from the simulations. Eric went in and helped me to wake up. After that he took me to his apartment, so I could calm down. In the middle of the night, I woke up to find that Eric was gone and the front door was open. I walked outside, scared that this would be a simulation again. Then I saw that Fours door was open, so I walked over and caught Eric pouring his heart out to Four. He practically confessed his love for me, so I made myself known. We walked back to Eric's apartment and...well...I spend the night there. In the morning Four and Max came and talked to us. That's about it."
By the time I finished, Xavier's and Lucy's eyes were so wide, I was scared of them falling out.
"You...and...Eric? How?!" Xavier covered his mouth as soon as the yell left it, apparently as shocked as me and Lucy at his outburst.
"I know him from Erudite. He was my only friend back then." "Yeah, but now he is an asshole! The way he treated you, the way he treated me! What's gotten into you?!" Okay, maybe Eric wasn't the nicest of people, but that really hurt! Eric was still my friend, and just as I defended Xavier in front of Eric, I will defend him in front of Xavier!
"That's enough Xavier! You don't get to talk about him like that! He saved me so many times and I love him! Accept that or go!" Lucy didn't say anything throughout the whole argument. She just sat there, not knowing what to do. But, seeing her only friends fighting, apparently snapped her out of her trance.
"Xavier, just stop please. Y/N is old enough to decide for herself. I don't really like Eric either, but it's her decision and we have to accept that. And Y/N, just keep in mind how he treated you. Don't let yourself be fooled by him. Okay?" Her voice was soft and calming, but I still couldn't shake my anger.
"Sure." I stood up and walked out of the dorms, not turning back once. As soon as I was out of their sight, I began running, ignoring the tears. I finally came to a stop at the chasm, sitting down at the edge, letting my feet dangle into the abyss.
I sat there for a while, actually hoping for Xavier to come find me, so we could talk this out. But he didn't come. So I just sat there, thinking about his words. Sure, Eric isn't a nominee for the 'nicest person in Dauntless' award, and the way he treated my best friend still pisses me off, but I know him. Not like all the others do, I know how he really is. He is straightforward, and arrogant from time to time but he can also be nice and understanding. And he means so much to me. No matter what Xavier or anyone else says, I will not leave Eric again, even though it was technically him that left me, but still.
It must've been early afternoon when Max sat down besides me.
"What is troubling the mother of my future godson or daughter?" His feet moved in a slow rhythm, matching mine. "Eric." "Who else?" He laughed and put an arm around my shoulders. "Let an old guy tell you something. Before you got here, Eric would've killed Four and me earlier. You're changing him, for the better. And he is also changing you. When you got here you were quiet, had no friends and so on. Now, you take shit from no one. He's forming you into a Dauntless and you're helping him exploring his Amity side. You're good together, a dream team. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Okay?" I nodded and he squeezed my shoulder.
"So, go and talk to that friend of yours and after that meet Eric for your training!" Max left me smiling to myself as I walked through the dark corridors, set on finding Xavier.
"Awwww, little Xavier is scared and can't do anything! Since you're gay anyway, bet you'd like my dick shoved up your mouth, huh?" I just walked by the training room as I heard the voice through the slightly open door.
Xavier was clearly in trouble and I wasn't one to turn a good fight down.
I pushed the door open and ran inside, taking the situation in. Four guys, Dauntless borns, Xavier on the floor, being held by three of them. The fourth one was unbuckling his belt.
"Now that I look at it, I think you're also gay." That got their attention. The guy not holding onto Xavier turned to me, just to be met with my fist in his face. "Fucking bitch!"
Another one got to his feet to help his friend, making it easier for Xavier to get rid of the remaining two. I took the second guy by his head and rammed my knee into his face, knocking him out. Those Dauntless borns are to easy.
"I swear to god, I'm going to fuck you up, you stupid bitch!" The first guy came at me again, but before he could hit me, he was held back by his collar.
"Listen here you asshole, she may be a bitch from time to time, but she is my bitch!" Xavier nodded me and I kicked the guy into his nuts, making him tumble over. Before we could get back to the last two, they were restrained by Four and some other Dauntless leader, I didn't recognise. Eric was behind them, immediately taking my face into his hands. "Are you okay?" He turned my head, inspecting my face frantically. "I'm okay. Xavier was there after all."
Eric looked up at my best friend and nodded. His right hand let go of my face and stretched out towards Xavier. "Thanks." Xavier stared at the hand, not knowing what to do with it. Than, a smirk took over his face. He moved Eric's hand aside and instead jumped at the leader and wrapped his arms and legs around him. "No problem, bigo." Four, the other leader and me just stared at Xavier's bravery. Eric, of course, stiffened completely. It was as if Xavier was hugging a tree.
Glancing at Four, I noticed his face was red from all the held back laughter, and that send me over the edge. I bursted out laughing, pulling the others along. Even Xavier chuckled a bit, but didn't let go of Eric.
"We-We need to-make this a new initiation ritual!" I managed to get the words out of my mouth, while still laughing hysterically.
"That means I managed initiation!" Xavier finally let go and threw his fists in the air. "I think if I tell Max what you just did, he'd agree to you skipping the rest of initiation." Four was slowly calming down, but was still laughing. "Perfect! Y/N, your boyfriend is good for something after all!" Xavier grinned at me, but took one look at Eric and ran out of the room, causing the rest of us to laugh again.
"Okay, that's enough. You can handle this Four, right?" Eric immediately pulled me towards the door. "Sure! Go make out with your girlfriend!" Four chuckled and the other leader grinned.
But they weren't so wrong. After walking through some corridors, Eric pinned me against the wall and claimed my mouth. I will seriously never get tired of kissing him. But after only two slow kisses he pulled away and looked at me. "I'm so gonna kill them." I laughed and leaned against his chest. "Just because they called me your girlfriend?" "No, that was the part I liked." He said that as if it had no meaning at all, but it caused my heart to skip a beat.
"So you want me to be girlfriend?" That made his eyes go wide. "I mean, I thought you already are. But yeah." Grinning with joy, I pressed my lips against his, smiling non stop into the kiss.