Chapter8: Revolts

Start from the beginning

Of course everyone looks at us with curiosity, and I swallow my tears to remain dignified.

I will manage to talk to him, to convince him to forget this story. What matters is us, not our fathers.

At 14h I am in the process of potion with my father and I see that he is not on his plate either. He looks completely downcast, and is mistaken in his demonstration. Albus has a frankly hostile attitude and refuses to answer his questions.

I think his father left this morning. He did a lot of damage, apparently. I wish he'd never come back, disappear forever.

I know it will take some time for everything to become normal again between Albus and me, but I wonder how I will be able to continue to live, breathe a minute more without him.

At 17h, I'm desperate, and I meet Lily on the stairs, which makes me a wink accomplice. His little smile hides something, but what?

I go to the library to work.

Alone, for the first time.

Without even a glance at me in the glass of the library.

oooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOoooooo

The next day, Ms. Mc Gonagall brings us all together and tells us that Harry Potter will be returning to DCFM from the following week. Exclamations fuse in the audience.

I take a look at Albus, who looks dark and withdrawn. And I meet Lily's gaze, which makes me wink. Is it because his father is going to be a teacher, like mine?

At recess, she comes to see me and says:

- So, it's great, we're almost siblings now?

- What?

- Yeah, did not your father tell you? My father will go live at your place during the holidays ...

- How?

- Well, ask your father ... he never tells you anything?

I look so stunned that she pats me gently on the shoulder:

- Maybe he wanted to surprise you ... Anyway, I'm glad we're having a vacation together soon, she adds with a dazzling smile.

She begins to move away. I recall it:

- Wait, Lily! Who told you ?

- Ben, my father ...

When?

- Yesterday.

- And ... Albus, what does he think?

She shrugs:

- He does not look happy ... He does not talk to you anymore? Are you angry?

- ...Yes.

- Why ?

In my turn to shrug:

- I think I taught him something that I should not have said.

- It's true he's strange right now. It's stupid, for you ... you have to feel lonely. See you soon maybe...

She gives me a sorry little smile, and walks away.

oooOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOO

I go back to the library, quite angry with these revelations. Why did not my father tell me anything about vacations? What is this story ? I am too small to be informed?

I decide to go ask him the question directly, after class. I have been too quiet for too long.

I knock softly on the door and I do not hear an answer. I open the door and catch my father and Harry Potter kissing passionately near the window.