Chapter 29 - An unlikely conversation

For the past eighteen years, Jaime had to put up with Robert's contempt towards him and the rest of the Lannister clan. There are times where he would be able to silence the King by talking about Aery's Targaryen, but that was a subject Jaime rather not touch. The only thing Robert loves about Jaime is that he killed Aery's Targaryen for him. Rather than being sent to the Night's Watch as Ned Stark suggested, the prize Jaime received for killing the Mad King was a continued position in the Kingsguard. Since Jaime had no desire to return to Casterly Rock, he continued to serve in the Kingsguard under King Robert, as that will keep him closer to Cersei and at that time, that was all Jaime wanted.

    In the present, Jaime never acted valiantly to protect the King. Robert orders him the least knightly jobs as a way to ridicule him, and Jaime had no choice but acquiesce every single command given to him, no matter how lowly it was. He needed to stay in King's Landing to be with Cersei. Jaime was thought to believe that they were fated to be together, and that can only happen if they live under the same roof. Things were different now, with Jaime's love for Cersei starting to fade away, especially with Aurelia's presence taking over.

    Jaime attentively hears the King laughing and the whores giggling loudly; the sound piercing through his ears. He thought that as time goes by, the effect those sounds have on Jaime would eventually subside. With the King whoring around as he does, he was disrespecting Cersei by taking another woman- or in this case other women-, into bed. Though Jaime did not feel exceedingly as angry as before, it still irritates him that the King never fails to bring copious amount of whores when Jaime is in duty, forcing the knight to listen.

    Jory walked down a flight of steps, seeing Jaime Lannister perched in front of the brass double doors, his eyes downcast yet focused in thought.

    "This is for the King from Lord Stark." Jory informed the golden knight, but his eyes stayed downwards. "Shall I-" He continued to speak, only for Jaime to stop him mid-sentence.

    "Listen. Do you hear them?" Jaime finally acknowledged the Captain of the guard for House Stark, as the noise behind the door increased. Jory uncomfortably paid attention to it as it was hard not to. "How many do you think are in there with him? Guess." He told Jory, while walking a couple of steps to the side.

    "Three...four." Jory figured,

    "He likes to do these when I'm in duty. He makes me listen as he insults my sister." Jaime said, 

    Afterwards, the doors to the King's chambers opened and out walk a whore with a startled look on her face as she eyed the knight and the guard before scurrying away.

    "Forgive me, my Lord..." Jory began to apologize,

    "Why do I have to forgive you? Have you wronged me?" Jaime questioned him sounding aggravated. He was not completely certain if he was annoyed of seeing Jory, knowing that he was spending time with Aurelia, or if it was because he tires of hearing the King amusing himself as loudly as possible.

    "We've met before, you know." Jory reminded him,

    "Have we? Strange, I've forgotten." Jaime asked, failing to recall the memory.

    "The siege of Pyke. We fought side by side one afternoon." Jory replied, talking about the Greyjoy Rebellion.

    "That's where you got your scar." Jaime pointed out,

    "Aye," Jory replied, and Jaime nodded as he remembered the events of that battle. "One of the Greyjoy's nearly took my eye."

    "Vicious sons of whores." Jaime labelled them,