Genius Academy

Hey, happy (belated) birthday Jia Hui! That's all. I've been really busy lately so I can't post much.

=========================================================================================================================

Chapter 1

Mr Hiasu switched cars. A black Town Car was less conspicuous streaming through the busy streets of London. After giving the driver a heavy tip, he walked purposefully into the seedy bar which also served as an underground gambling den. He tried not to attract notice as he walked to the back room which he had rented out. His business partner was already there, tapping her black stiletto heels impatiently.

"I've been waiting for over an hour now. Do you always have to have to be this late?" His partner asked-her tone fraught with annoyance.

"Duty called. Anyway, I'm here now. The admissions process for this year's incoming batch is done, right? I want you to email my special account with the list of successful applicants. And also email the donor list while you're at it." Mr Hiasu replied brusquely, at the same time checking his messages on his Iphone 4.

"You do know that you have nothing to do with the Genius Academy officially, right? And that your stepdaughter Alice has been accepted..."

"I don't really care about her. I provide her with a roof over her head and a substantial allowance, and that's the extent of my 'fatherly' duties towards her and Alicia. Besides, my real daughter is in too, and she's a lot smarter than Ashley's daughter." Mr Hiasu replied without looking up from his messages.

"Why won't you tell me who your real daughter is? Under the confidentiality agreement, my mouth is very legally bound shut-even if I wanted to tell anybody I can't!" His contact whined. "It's like you don't trust me at all!"

Without even batting an eyelid, Mr Hiasu rose to leave and after curtly shaking his associate's hand, he slipped his trench coat on and rose to leave.