Genius Academy chapter 4

Hey all, thanks for reading my lovely pet project Genius Academy. I do apologise for the terribly loooong wait from the third chapter to this one. Please do continue to read though. I promise you things will definitely spice up as the story continues. ;)

You’ll be happy to know that I’ve decided not to give up on any of my current stories, but instead post one/two chapters every Saturday or Sunday depending on how busy I am. I’m SO SORRY again for the late posting because this year is turning out to be busier than I thought.

Also, for the next two weeks I’ll be super busy studying as I’m having common tests. ARGH I havn’t finished studying for ANY of them as I’ve been slacking. And working on ideas for my stories and sarcastic_princess’ I’m a celeb story. Do go check it out and support her, she’s my only friend on Wattpad and the one who recommended it to me in the first place.

=========================================================================================

Chapter 4-Lacey

Lacey was riding on her chestnut mare Snow-White or Snowy for short. She always did this every time she felt upset about Maybelle. It happened almost every time she saw a black notebook, when she went to that outlet mall, even sometimes when she saw a picture of two best friends posing together. Some days she cried herself to sleep, feeling the brunt of the unbearable pain and sorrow that encompassed her like a tidal wave. She’d just felt different-broken somehow ever since Maybelle had died. Lacey was a ghost of her former self, no longer the smiling, naive, cherubic girl that the whole group had come to know.

The forest trail was long and winding, generally exhausting to even the most experienced of riders. But Lacey didn’t mind. The exhilaration of riding and the exhaustion that came after was far better cry than the dark grey ominous cloud that perpetually seemingly hung over her head. It wasn’t her fault, the fact that Maybelle had died. Or was it?

Grief counselling was a complete farce; the psychiatrist just asked her to answer redundant questions and do stupid ‘exercises’ like stare at ink blots and tell her what she saw. Pointless was the word for it. Didn’t the counsellor have any training on how to deal with a bereaved person at all?

Turn my back to the door

Feel so much better now

Don’t even try anymore

Nothin’ left to lose

There’s a voice that’s in the air

Saying don’t look back nowhere

There’s a voice that’s always there

And i’ll never be quite the same

As I was before this

Part of you

Still remains

Though it’s out of focus

You’re just somewhere that I’ve been

And I won’t go back again

You’re just somewhere that I’ve been

I’m breathing in

Breathing out

Ain’t that what it’s all about

Living life crazy loud

Like I have the right to

Know my words in my mouth

Nothing left to figure out

But I don’t think I’ll ever break through

The ghost of you

The song ran in her head as she realised: She was perfectly content never getting over Maybelle.

Time and tide healed all wounds, and time was the best doctor, right?

“Clop-clop,cloop-clop...” The slow yet steady sound of Snowy’s hooves was reassuring, to say the least. Horse-riding was her main source of comfort nowadays.

Lacey was an adept equestrian, who’d been taking lessons since the tender age of five. She’d been taking show-jumping, dressage and many other courses at the designer stable merely a short drive away from her estate. Though she was supposed to be an experienced rider, she just wasn’t feeling like one as her horse trotted through the long, winding trail.

Two years had passed since Maybelle died...she had done a pretty good job of pretending to the world that she was over her...what’d happened...oh God.

Distraction was not good when you were riding a horse, as Lacey found out then. She nearly fell off Snowy, but her heart panged as she remembered all the times Maybelle had ridden this very trail with her...how they had talked and joked and played...

“I just want to have her back...” She whispered, holding the words close to her as though they would fly away at the slightest touch.

She was now at the end of the trail.

=============================================================================================

So, if you all liked this chapter, PLEASE vote & comment & fan as every little encouragement will make my day and give you longer/more chapters sooner!

Also, please go check out my other stories A Random Last Strand, Those Losers and Talk to Me!

Oh, and is anybody interested in designing a cover for this story? It’s very important that I get one soon as I’m planning on entering this in Watty Awards.

That’s why your support is all the more important to me! Again, please vomment! I’ll do the same for you if you ask me to check out your stories, I promise!

Till next time,

Ciao bella!

Tab_hen1415