Richard and the three others at the table completely ignored Liam like had he been air and it wasn’t till I was pouring tea into the girls' two cups, that Richard’s eyes finally brushed over me and his voice was full of recognition as he suddenly stated, “you’re … her sister right? The one who doesn’t dance?”

My eyes flickered up to meet his; I had innerly hoped he wouldn’t take notice of me. I sent him a faint smile that wasn't genuine, as I felt every pair of eyes - even Liam’s - fall on me.

I had no idea how to reply to that, so I simply stated a fact instead since that always seemed to work on Judy when I had no idea what to reply to her constant yelling at me, “Richard Woodruff.”

He nodded with the confident smile growing into place, as he leaned forth in his chair with newly gained interest; his eyes sparkling filled with million dollars worthy trouble that included driving way past the legal speed limit in a little shiny red Italian sports car.

“Absolutely right honey, Frances, wasn’t it?” I was completely surprised that he remembered my name and not Cynthia’s, whom he had been dancing with for most of the evening after all. Actually, I felt the shock physically show as my cheeks started heating up; everyone looking at me and Richard both being enthrallingly beautiful and charming, but also terribly rude and fairly disrespectful to Liam at least. The blonde guy with the blue eyes, whom I had seen before as well had already looked me over with a gaze that made me want to button up my cardigan or hide behind the silver tea pot.

“Just Fran,” I said biting my lip, as my eyes flickered desperately to Liam’s who stood on the other side of the table somewhat behind Richard. I begged him for help, but he just widened his eyes at me not sure what to do exactly.

“Of course; I guess you haven’t eaten? You should join us, Fran! Instead of playing a servant,” Richard’s smile was annoyingly confident, as he was the only one besides Liam and I who did not laugh over his own statement.

“Niall,”  Richard moved his focus to the blonde guy sitting next to him who had looked me over, “I got a fantastic idea for today’s entertainment; we’re going to take these three young ladies for a drive through the mountains”

Richard gestured to me and the two girls who were seated; I almost felt my jaw drop and felt fairly annoyed over not even having been asked.

“Sorry, but no thank you,” the frank words had left my lips before I could think them through.

Richard, who had been interrupt, snapped his unfairly gorgeous dark blue eyes up at me. But it was the blonde one called ‘Niall’, who said something as his eyes locked with mine, “you’re really missing out Fran. The mountains around here are absolutely stunning; I think my good friend Richard here knows his fair share of stunning mountain lakes in this area, where no one will notice a few young people taking a swim.”

Richard nodded approving and lifted his coffee cup to take a slurp, while Niall didn’t break his eye contact with me as his playful smile graced his full lips. My heart was thundering, while the giggles and excited whispers between the two seated girls washed in with Niall’s words.