8

PART 2 OF DOUBLE UPDATE

“You’re up early,” the familiar voice greeted me washing off the sense of my pathetic reaction of disappointment I had felt moments before. I spun around and found the kind brown eyes shining down at me. Liam was in a less formal clothing, but it was still clearly a servants uniform with the white blazer and black dress pants.

“Well, I’m used to getting up early,” I gave him a crooked smile. Actually it was absolutely freeing not having to start making breakfast or doing laundry, as Judy usually had me doing at this time in the morning while herself and her two daughters spend hours getting ready for their day.

“Well, that’s impressive, but you do know you’re on vacation, right?” He chuckled as he grabbed two silver ewers from a table nearby; one with steamy coffee and the other with milk, which he was about to serve to one of the tables, I guessed. The dining area wasn’t filled up at all - there were maybe five tables occupied out of the twenty five available. I was impressed with how quickly they could get the place ready; the breakfast buffet looked colorful, spectacularly exotic, and absolutely mouthwatering.

I laughed softly at his question; honestly I hadn’t realized it just yet - the entire thing with this actually being a vacation, where you were supposed to relax. It felt weird not working, or cleaning, or servicing, “well I signed up for a yoga class after all. That should be relaxing right?”

I copied Liam’s action and grabbed the last silver ewer, which he couldn’t carry. I was pretty sure this one was filled with tea. He looked back at me confused but with the widest smile, “you really don’t have to Fran; go sit at the table near the window and I’ll bring you the hot drink menu! You're on vacation, remember?”

I followed him stubbornly while chuckles escaped my lips, “I really don’t mind. It’s better than eating breakfast alone, you know.”

He rolled his eyes with a up giving grin as he couldn't argue with my insisting wish. We made our way over to the big round table, which needed the two steaming cans - one with coffee, one with tea.

I stayed in the back with a gentle smile, letting Liam do his job. My eyes flickered over the four guests sitting around the table. Two girls who looked very young and snobbish; that was my immediate impression. And then there were two young guys - that was when I finally recognized one of them; the perfectly combed black hair, breathtakingly beautiful blue eyes, and the ever so confident smile that promised you he could outmatch anyone.

Right now Richard Woodruff seemed terribly bored though; barely even looking at Liam as he poured coffee into Richard's fine white cup and politely asked if there was anything else he could help with. To my surprise Richard just waved him off saying 'we'll call'. His every word was dripping with the sense of Liam simply being a servant who had no right to be treated as an equal - or at least a human being.

I listened with dislike as Richard leaned in while watching how Liam now poured coffee into the other guy's mug, “clearly, they must have some sort of entertainment schedule here only aimed to bore us and amuse the old ones.” Woodruff's voice was so nonchalant, which made the two girls giggle loudly and the blonde guy, who I remembered Richard had proposed me to dance with; he smirked widely.

I on the other hand felt chills of disgust run down my spine, as I recalled Rose's excitement over the activity program they had worked so very hard to create and how they had even prepared a party in a few weeks' time with a surprise theme, that she eagerly had told me about.