"Apollo." She said, with a warm smile, as he walked into the kitchen.

He stepped towards her, giving her a hug, just like he always did when he got home, and before he left. He was a big mama's boy, he always had been. "Hey, mom. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just got done cleaning up."

"Cleaning up? What did you make? It smells really good, plus it's late at night. Did you feel inspired to bake all of a sudden or something?" He chuckled.

"I made some cookies. 3 kinds. There's some left, in the container in the fridge. Your sister and I maybe have had a few with some milk." She winked.

"Of course, Trucy is always eating my food." He joked, opening the fridge. He loved how his mother kept a tradionalistic household. You would never expect someone like her to do so, but she did. When his father was still around, he wanted maids and cooks. But she refused. "We Have hands. We can do it. We have money, that doesn't make us vegetables." His mother had said.

Apollo chuckled at the memory, as he pulled the plate out of the fridge and set it onto the table Cookies were just what he needed right about now. He was stressed, and already anxious about tomorrow. He didn't know how he was going to tell his mother about it, maybe he wouldn't just yet.

"How was work? Same as usual?" His mother asked him.

"Pretty much." He said, as he shoved one of his mother's signature chocolate chip cookies into his mouth. "Oh... I guess something pretty big happened."

She looked up at him, cocking a brow. "What do you mean?"

"Like, I'm going to be performing at the bar. Apparently, Clay couldn't find anybody to come in. So... I'm taking the position." He looked down at his feet. Even just saying it out loud caused his heart to thump violently in his chest. He was really doing it, wasn't he?

"Oh my god!" His mother exclaimed, a genuine smile forming on her lips. "Really? That's so great, I'm glad you're finally starting to break out of your shell!"

He knew that she would be excited, of course she would be. She had been trying to push him into performing, in any capacity, for so many years. "Clay and Athena said that they think I'm qualified, I argued with them a bit about it. But, they convinced me. So I'm doing it. It's not a big deal, it's not like I'm going to get a record deal from it." He said, chuckling.

"It's still a start. You never know who will be there to watch you." That line made Apollo even MORE nervous. He felt as if he were going to implode at any given second. "That's why I wish you would've let me help you. Now, I don't even have the resources to do that. I wish you would've let me."

"Mom, you know I don't like that. I prefer to work for what I get. I know you're my mom and want the best for me, but I just wouldn't want you to do that for me. Plus, it's not like I'm even going to get anywhere with this. Because I'm not. It's just a one time thing."

"I know you think that it's cheating. But you're right. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't want to help them. But, like I said before, I can't even if I wanted to. I lost most of my connections, mostly because I left, but also because of everything that went on because of your damn father." Her eyes drifted to the ground, thinking about the mess that was her marriage. It was a big part of her downfall, that much was for sure. She shook her head. "But still, I'm so happy. It may seem like a small thing for you to be doing, but trust me, it's a step in the right direction. You'll see just how much you love performing, soon enough."

"We'll see about that. I'm pretty nervous. I haven't really sang much in awhile, but I'm going to try."

"Haven't you told me before that you sing for your friends? Plus, a talent like yours doesn't just fade away, Apollo. Have you decided what song you're going to sing yet?"