M- 33

Proverbs 4:18
The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

*

Silence covered them the moment they reached the most silent part of Dawn's house – the garden. The only chair they saw was a bench so left with no choice, they sat beside each other leaving only enough space in between them.

When they went back to tell them that they are going to talk, happiness was plastered on their friends' faces. She could only hope that this would turn out to be nice.

She fiddled with her fingers while Aga looked up to see the stars.

"Look at the stars," he whispered.

Lea gave him a look before looking up.

"Look how they shine for you. And all the things that you do. They were all yellow."

She looked down when she noticed that Aga was only singing. The familiarity of the space they share made her heart thump.

Silence enveloped them again.

"Lea."

"Aga."

They both broke into a chuckle and gave each other a look. Aga nodded and smiled, "Ladies first."

"It's okay. Maybe it's time for you to talk first."

He sighed and stared at her. His stare melted Lea. It's been a while since he last stared like this at his wife, "I wasn't able to tell you this last time pero..."

"What?"

"You look really good in your haircut."

She mentally cursed herself as she smiled widely like a teenage girl who just got noticed by her crush. She has been waiting for Aga to say something about her haircut and to hear him finally say these words meant the world to her.

"Nakakapanibago lang pero sobrang bagay sa'yo. Lalo kang gumanda."

She smiled again, "Thank you."

"And I love the ear piercing," he uttered and looked at her ear, "Mas naging hot ka."

"Aga, will you stop?" she uttered. It overwhelms her so much that she could feel her cheeks getting red.

"Pero more than the physical changes, Lea, I can see how you've changed. You have become such a stronger and a more independent woman now. Ang galing mo no'ng concert mo."

Her eyes squinted when she heard him, "Ha?"

"I was there. I watched you. I just didn't sit on my assigned seat. I watched you alongside your fans. Hindi ko naman pwedeng palagpasin 'yong pagkakataong mapanuod 'yong asawa ko. I was there as a fan," he smiled, "Not just as your husband."

She doesn't know where to react. She was surprised to know that he watched the concert without her knowing but was even more surprised that he said "your husband" because yes, he's hers.

"Also, I was on the same flight with you when you went to New York for Once on This Island para ma-assure ko that you'll land there safely. I also watched the pre-show and the very first show," he admitted, "You were amazing as always, Erzulie, the Goddess of Love."

He was mimicking even her accent and that made her giggle. If she could only hug her husband, she would have done it. But she wanted to remain reserved and calm.

"I also went to see the closing, share ko lang," he added.

"Thank you for doing those without my knowing. Akala ko, you don't care anym-"