To Catch A .... Trollhunter? | Part 1

Start from the beginning

He had to do it. It wasn't just to show beyond doubt to the school that he was no freak, no, it was also to prove to himself that his thoughts had been right. Luckily he had ordered spy gear and makeshift bear traps earlier on in the month.

They were mostly meant for defenses if the monsters had ever found him watching silently through the glass, but now, they were in need of a dire situation. He was going to capture whatever drifted throughout the streets and show the school that he hadn't lost his mind.

He was going to do it, whether he died or not.

Quickly, no longer occupied with his thoughts, even the ones that had the plan conjured up, Eli took one last glance around his bedroom, silently thanking the simple room for helping him hide from the real world and try to discover the others.

The boy dressed in simple black attire, blending in with the night. He wanted to step up to his lovable mother and wish her a forever goodbye, just in case he didn't return but if she knew what he was up too, he wouldn't even have the chance to risk his life in the first place!

Whispering a gentle apology and a simple I love you too his mother, he grabbed his traps and spy gear before silently pushing his window open and crawling through space.

Finding himself on his empty street, the soft glow of the lights hiding the traps perfectly, Eli didn't waste much time to set the well-hidden traps up before he dove behind a nearby bush, his eyes leaking through the small stems and leaves, watching the net in particular.

Hours went by, his phone had read 9:15 and no sign of any suspicious activity. Of course, when he finally had the chance to prove to his many classmates, nothing had shown up.

Eli, however, kept his focus. Too centered on the net, he hadn't heard the sound of feet sneaking up behind him.

"Great," Steve's voice startled Eli, the boy jumping backward, his clothes dirtied as he landed in a mud puddle, his helmet falling over his eyes. "What are you doing Buttsnack, playing with your imaginary monsters again?" As soon as Eli had sat up, Steve pushed him forward, his face nearly burying itself into the bush.

Eli picked himself up, stood and turned to look at Steve. "No, and I certainly don't need you around at the moment, you'll ruin everything."

Steve nearly choked on his air before glaring, "Do you know who you are talking to Eli! Your alpha and if you want something worse than being shoved in a locker, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut." Eli rolled his eyes and fixed his glasses.

"Steve, I'm trying to mind my own business, I don't quite understand how it is so hard for you to mind yours. Now if you excuse me, I have other things to worry about," Eli hadn't understood what was going through his mind at the moment, possibly the hunt had pumped his adrenaline. Besides, he was finally going to catch a monster and prove to even Steve that he wasn't crazy, or as he liked to word it, imaginative.

Steve raged, grabbing Eli's collar and pulling him close to his snarling face. Eli simply got out of his grip with a stern glare. "Just because you are in black clothes and hiding behind a bush means you are not tough. If anything, you are a child."

"Listen, Steve, I have no time for -" A snap echoed against his ears causing his voice to trail off, only to hear a gasp before a thud rang through the formerly silent night. He was so caught up with Steve and his antics that he and Steve had missed the blur of monsters cascading the streets.

"What was that!?" Steve mumbled before looking at Eli who was letting off a small - yet, not very pleasing - celebration dance.

"I caught one!" So lost in the moment, his small hand pressed against Steve's face and shoved the blonde back before he hopped over the bush and ran right to his netter trap.