~ Pools ~

As I feel the water rush through my body, the cool sensation filling my mind. Pushing myself up from the bottom bubbles surround me as I take a huge breath of cool air that fill my lungs. Reaching out to grab the sides of the pool, I pull myself out of the bubbly water and heave myself onto the edge. Staring around me I see the beautiful evening sun rippling on the water I decide to do it again.
Toes pointing over the edge of the pool, I take a deep breath and haul myself in the air SPLASH! I land as gracefully as I can in the water, once again bubbles surround me as I think kick, kick, kick, breathe... kick, kick, kick, breathe. Feeling the hard edge of the pool I turn around and push elegantly off the wall swimming and breathing and relaxing.

Bubbles surround me, kicking frantically my feet search for the bottom of the pool. Trying to push myself up I feel the familiar icy air fill my lungs. Coughing and spluttering I reach out for the hard edge. Gripping it like my life depends on it, I hurl myself up and sit on the sad, cold floor. Breathing heavily, my head banging, I think why did I do that? Standing up I grab my towel and thongs and trudge up the cold gravel path shivering in my towel, looking forward to the warm and inviting place I'm about to enter.