Epilogue: Seriously?

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes shut and opened them again. I looked down, and gasped.

*-*-*-*

"Aomine, where are we going?" My mouth opened for the umpteenth time as he guided me all through the forested area. Trees were surrounding us in ever direction, and there wasn't even a real pathway here. We were stepping over small roots and jumping over stones, and walking on uneven grounds.

"Shhhh..." He hushed me, tapping twice at the back of my hand gently. I shut up and relied on my hearing, trying to make out the creatures chirping in the backgrounds and the occasional birds humming once in a while.

For God's sake, why was I blindfolded? I mean, what if I trip over and faー

I spoke too soon.

I tripped onto a jutted root, causing my hand to slip away from Aomine's as I fell forward, as soon as I was about to sprain a wrist, Aomine caught me, gently standing me back up again.

"Geez, watch where you're going."

"Excuse you? How can I watch when I can't even see?" I exclaimed incredulously, gesturing wildly on the blindfold over my eyes.

"Then try using your other senses better." I could hear the smirk in his voice, before his hand laced through mine. "Let's go."

We walked for an eternity, Aomine ignoring my every request to actually sit down and rest. We didn't even bring anything! Not even a bottle of water! My throat was parched, my eyes hurt, my body stings. I swear I'm gonna kill this sweet piece of bastard if heー

"We're here," he finally breathed out, and I could feel him moving and tying the blindfold off my eyes. Finally! My eyes were free!

When my vision had cleared, I gasped for the second time that day, taking in the sight in front of me. Trees blocked most of the sunlight, but some was able to pass through, making the stream of water that was flowing freely in front of me gleam as bright as diamond.

I crouched down and scooped some water into my hands, letting them flow freely past my fingertips. It felt nice, cooling, serene.

I stood back up, just in time to see Aomine about to open his mouth and say something, but I cut him off. "Thank you, Aomine," I said, jumped at him and wrapping my arms around him.

He hugged me back. "This isn't what I wanted to show you.... though."

I blinked. This wasn't? Then what was? "What is it... then?"

"Close your eyes." He ordered.

"Again?" I whined.

He hushed me, and closed the both of my eyes with his fingers. Groaning, I kept them shut, vowing to God that if this jerk isn't giving me a surprise that was up to my expectations...

My breath hitched in my throat as I felt something cold slipping into my right ring finger, and my eyes popped open immediately after the cold substance settled itself there for a few seconds.

The light blue gem shimmered against the sunlight, reflecting the light and making it a thousand times more beautiful. The silver band around it also followed with their shimmering, making me gasp entirely.

This is the ring.

This is the ring that I had told Father about. When I told him that I would like to have this ring presented to me.

The blue diamond, the silver band, the shimmering against the light. This was the perfect description.

"How..?" I turned to Aomine, my expression still shocked. He shrugged.

"Well.. Your.. father left this for me inside his desk drawer, and when I was blindly rummaging through it as they were sorting out your father's belongings in the office I kinda stumbled onto this." He said sheepishly.

"Exactly when did you found this ring..?"

"Around... Two and a half months ago."

"And yet you didn't tell me?" I almost exploded at him.

"Hey, hey, chill." He calmed me down. When I had, he continued. "He left this along with the letter. Inside, he talked about somethings, and then about the ring." He paused.

"He told me to give this to you when I'm ready."

"When you're ready..?" I echoed.

He nodded firmly. "When I'm ready. In other words..." He lifted me up and rested my forehead against his. I yelped, but was caught right in his mesmerising midnight blue eyes. They twinkled of happiness.

"You're about to be an Aomine soon, Kaede."

I gasped. "You mean.. This is an engagement ring..?"

He nodded. I wasted no time in planting my lips onto his, pulling him into a sweet kiss. It lasted while it could, and we both pulled away with cheshire grins on our faces. What can I say, we can't hold it back.

"Oh, Aomine," I started again after a moment of silence, glancing at him. Nervousness creeped into my veins, but I forced myself to push it away. Aomine must have noticed, because he put me down and tilted my chin upwards. He had a small, sincere smile on his face, one of the many expressions that he masked behind his frown.

"What is it..?" He started gently.

"Will you... will you not freak out if I tell you this..?"

He nodded. "I won't promise you, but I'll try my best."

I hesitantly reached for his hand and placed it over my stomach and I tiptoed and gave him a peck. He returned it, a confused expression on his face after that. When he had heard the news, his eyes went wide with disbelief, but there were twinkles of happiness.

"I'm pregnant."

*-*-*-*

A/N: And that was it. This is the closure for DMWAD, for now, until I write the sequel for it, which is titled TenMiracles! I hope you won't expect it very soon, since I am still in the middle of writing it(I had planned it, but exams and studies and activities are always in the way)

But I sincerely do hope you enjoyed it with all your heart, and from the marrow of my bones and the last artery of mine, I honestly thank each and every one of you that had been in the journey with me, either from start to end, or from any of the chapters till the end. If you found this story after I had finished publishing this till the end, I still thank you for reading all my writings and having the strength to finish this.

I sincerely don't know what to say. DMWAD, my pride and joy, has come to an end. But everything does come, for nothing lasts forever. I apologise from the very bottom of my heart if I ever updated slow, because you know what. Ahahaha.

Really, I thank you all, and I love you all.

PS: Check out Informative, a new book that I had just started writing. Chapter one is up, and chapter 2 is soon to be up too, I hope. Please don't push me.

And that's all.

Until we meet again.

Lots of love and farewell,

- Lynn