CHAPTER FIFTEEN ━ NOTHING BREAKS LIKE A HEART

Start from the beginning

𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖.

Liked by briannetju, emilybett, chadwickboseman and 832

Liked by briannetju, emilybett, chadwickboseman and 832.045 others
shanessawoodley close the door now, when I'm with you I'm in utopia 💙
[tagged: eugenelee]

COMMENT HAS BEEN DISABLED

𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.

          A FROWN SETTLED ON BETHANY IVANOVA'S LIPS AS SHE DROVE ALONG THE HIGHWAY UNDER A STARRY EMPYREAN, some Christmas tunes have been played on the radio since the beginning of this month, but unfortunately, she still hadn't felt the fervor of Christmas as she usually did this year. The time wagged speedily without stopping, and a lot had changed in the process.

Starting from her career in fashion design which finally got worldwide's recognition, moved in with Ben, and watched Shanessa move out of the building she had lived in for more than five years the next day. It was rendered difficult to remember the last time they spoke to each other properly, since that night — the night Shanessa walked out on them, the atmosphere in their friendship was bound to change as well.

They hadn't talked for a long time, and although she, Joe, Rami, Gwilym, Lucy, and Allen were curious about what had happened between Ben and Shanessa, none of them had the intention to ask why given Ben returned that night with a complete mess of emotions.

And after reading a lot of articles online since yesterday, Bethany felt she eventually discovered why Ben constantly avoided talking about Shanessa.

But, if there was one thing Bethany hated, it was her relationship with Ben. They were friends, but sometimes they treated each other like there was something up between the two, it was always like that until finally, Bethany caught feelings for him. Cliché, but that was the reality that happened. While Ben was oblivious about it, Bethany voluntarily followed where fate led her, and if she was required to take care of him without any label on their relationship then she would do it.

Bethany knew it sucks, being the one who always cared more, but she fucking did it anyway.

"Beth!" Sophie Turner's voice rang through her ears, catching the woman's attention in an instant as she saw the woman striving to squeeze herself in between a packed of drunk people, celebrities. "I'm deeply sorry for calling you at this hour."

"No, it's fine, really," Bethany beamed. "How drunk is he?

"Well, one minute he all laughed and talked nonsense, but the next minute, he bawled his eyes out like tomorrow did not exist."