Reuniting

Rhaninan this is a little different than the idea you had but I really wanted to write Gil meeting baby Kugel. So here he is,  meeting his son- also Roddy is in a wheelchair because personal headcanons

It felt like years since Gilbert had been here,  on these steps,  leading to the old house. He had already visited his brother and his friends.

There was only one person left to see.

He slowly lifts his head,  knocking on the door. His heart was racing as he listens for those light footsteps.

Instead,  he heard nothing.  Maybe he wasn't awake? Then he heard a soft cry,  like a little baby. His eyes went wide. Do I have the wrong house? West said Roderich still lived here-

The door slowly opens,  disrupting his thoughts.  His eyes snap forward before looking down. 

"Gil?" Roderich's soft voice cracks when he sees him, going wide. Roderich didn't look any better than Gilbert did. He was trapped in a wheelchair, a blanket draped over his legs.  He was so pale and weak looking,  tiny scars on his face.

"G-Gilbert.... " Roderich gasps, hugging him (around his waist where he could reach) tightly.  Gilbert kneels down to his height, tears starting to run down his face. It had been too long since he held his lover.

Their tender moment was broken by another cry, Roderich perking up immediately. "No... " He mumbles,  maneuvering his chair back inside. Gilbert frowns.  "What is that?" He asks,  following Roderich down a hallway.

When he catches up (he was surprisingly fast in that wheelchair) he peers into the room,  eyes going wide again.

In his arms,  Roderich held a small bundle,  bouncing it slightly. The crying tapered off,  before going quiet entirely. He hesitantly walks over,  looking down at him.

The baby was so tiny and pale,  with a little mole under their eye. Their hair was a soft white,  with a little cult like Roderich. They slowly opened their eyes,  taking Gilbert's breath away.

Their eyes were a bright violet,  peering curiously up at Gilbert.

"This... Is Kugelmugel edel.... Our son. " Roderich says softly.  Gilbert slowly reaches down, taking him from Roderich's arms.

"What's his name?" Gilbert whispers,  cradling the baby.

"Milos. " Roderich smiles, tears pricking his eyes.

Gilbert smiles,  getting a giggle out of Milos.

"He's perfect..... "