Chapter 7: Walmart Run-Ins

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think I left the list in the car." She mumbled embarrassingly.

"I can go get it." I smiled.

"Are you sure dear?" She asked worriedly.

"It's no biggie. Really." I reassured.

"Oh bless your heart." She laughed as she handed me the keys. "I know a couple things that I wrote down so I can grab those."

"I'll be right back." I said as I took off towards her car.

'I'm scared.' I laughed.

'Oh lighten up.' Artemis chuckled. 'Did you see how happy she looked? My guess is that she has been lonely for quite a while. And here comes an orphan. I know she is never going to be your real mom, but I really think she is enjoying the mom role.'

I nodded, she was right. Hecate got super excited on the way here and while we were clothes shopping. 'You're right.'

'Watch out.' Artemis laughed.

Before I could ask her what she meant, I let out an 'oof' as I hit something hard.

"Ow." I groaned as I rubbed my nose.

But I immediately stiffened as I smelled something very familiar. Wolf. And very powerful ones at that. But I couldn't exactly pinpoint on how they both seemed so powerful.

I gulped and slowly looked up to see a worried looking man.

"I am so sorry." He apologized as he looked down at me. "Are you okay?"

I slowly nodded as I continued to stare at him with wide eyes.

Oh good Lord. Please no.

"Way to go idiot." The man with dark brown hair laughed. "You almost knocked her over."

"I really didn't mean too." The man with red hair whispered.

While they both continued to argue with each other, I took the time to take in their features.

The one who ran into me was pretty tall and he had brownish red hair, while his beard and mustache were a little redder. He had ice blue eyes that look like they could make any girl swoon. His left ear had a small gauge in it and it looked like he had a tattoo on the left side of his neck but I couldn't quite make it out.

The other man was slightly shorter than red and he had very curly dark brown hair with a beard and mustache to match. He had a couple dark freckles on his face and he had soft gray eyes. They were both very built and I'm sure could easily crush me if they wanted too.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Red haired guy asked.

"Y-Yeah." I squeaked.

Wow. Way to go Athena. Why not try to make it even more obvious that you are hiding something?

'You really need to learn to act normal.' Artemis laughed, but then I felt her mood change dramatically.

'What's wrong?' I asked worriedly.

'T-They are royals. That's why they are so powerful. We've never met one before but I can feel the power. It makes so much more sense now.' Artemis gulped. 'We need to get out of here!'

I jumped as a hand was waved in front of my face.

"Huh? Sorry." I apologized as I felt my face redden.

Red haired guy laughed. "It's okay. I just wanted to apologize again."

"You? Apologize?" I scoffed. "No! It's okay."