They made slight conversation, as Morgie pointed out what you could see from up on the roof, but, uncharacteristically, the conversation soon grew more serious.

‘So, what’s going to happen with us when we go back to England?’ Oscar asked.

Morgie turned to meet his gaze, startled at the sudden question. ‘Er, I hadn’t really thought about it,’ she murmured. ‘England seems a world away from here.’

He smiled. ‘I know. But this has to end sometime.’

‘God, how depressing,’ Morgie said, looking out across the beautiful scenery. ‘I just want to relocate.’

‘Mm.’ Oscar couldn’t help but agree. Out here, nothing seemed to matter; it felt like the world was designed for relaxing and romance. Everything seemed to be going at a slower, more leisurely pace; there was none of the hustle and the bustle and hurry he was so used to. But the reality of their lives would soon hit; they would soon be back in England, getting on with their day to day living. He didn’t want the magic of their relationship to somehow get lost on the flight home.

‘We can make it work, though,’ she said, turning to look back at him. ‘You’re what… an hour and a half train ride away?’

‘More or less,’ Oscar said. ‘When we’re both at uni, it’ll only be an hour.’

Morgie pulled a face. ‘Well, I’ll just have to weigh up whether I can put up with that to come and see you,’ she told him, a devilish sparkle in her eye.

Oscar raised his eyebrows. ‘Perhaps I should move universities, go to Scotland or something, just to get away from you?’ he asked.

She stuck out her bottom lip at him. ‘Would you not miss me, Oscs?’

He wrinkled his nose. ‘Touch and go, really.’

The cheeky, mischievous glint in her eyes was still there as she cuddled herself into him a little, fitting into his body, gaging his reaction. ‘No?’

His body automatically responded to hers, without even processing it, and she found herself straddling his lap, arms around his shoulders. She shifted a little, and felt more than heard his breathing hitch. ‘Not at all,’ he said, a little breathlessly.

She couldn’t keep a straight face, and giggled. He gave in, and, lips grazing across her own, he slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her in to him. Their bodies merged under the water, Morgie like a second skin. Oscar felt goose bumps prickle across his entire body, despite the warm water as her tongue darted through his lips, her fingertips woven into the hair at the back of his head.

‘God, Morgie,’ he murmured, before he found himself kissing all the way down her neck, unable to function fully, the sensation was so all consuming. His hands traced the outline of her body, as if he was committing it to memory. Pfft. As if he needed to. She was imprinted into his mind; he knew her as well as he knew the back of his own hand. Probably better.

He moved back to her lips, attempting to convey just how strongly he felt for her through the kiss, and felt her smile against his mouth.

He pulled away. ‘Okay, I’ll admit it, I’d miss you like hell.’

Morgie blinked, momentarily having forgotten what they were talking about. ‘Oh,’ she said, and Oscar noted rather proudly that her eyes were only just coming back into focus. ‘Okay.’

He laughed. ‘I’m obviously doing my job well if that’s all you have to say,’ he said softly, gently kissing the spot just below her ear, his tongue flickering out.