Chapter 9 - Change of Plans

Start from the beginning

I was rewarded with another kick "Oh that was a hard one little one." I said my smile widening. I sat there for a couple more minutes feeling the kicks of my baby before I knew I needed to clean up the blood on the wall, and I was not looking forward to cleaning that off.

I went downstairs and grabbed a bucket of water, brush, and different kinds of cleaners from the laundry room to try and get the blood off. As I was walking back up the stairs I had maybe taken three of the steps up when I thought I heard the sliding of the glass door in the kitchen area.

I frowned "Mom?" I shouted, no answer. I walked back down and peeked into the kitchen, nothing. It must be my imagination, I must be imagining and hearing things because I'm so on edge. I take one last sweep of the kitchen area and walk up to my room to clean the mess. Putting on some music I begin to scrub the wall cringing every time the metallic smell hit my nose.

***********************

It took several hours for me to get the blood off the wall and even then there was a lingering metallic smell. Dropping the scrub brush in the now red water of the bucket I wash my hands and dry them off. Just as I was walking out of my bathroom my mom walked into my room with a smile.

"Good news! Grandma and grandpa can't wait to have you visit! They're expecting you a week before the end of next month!" She says and sits on my bed. "Mom that's the week of Christmas." I say frowning and her smile fell a little.

"Yes I know, but the safety of you and the baby comes first. Maybe we will come visit them on Christmas too." She says shrugging her shoulders and I nod. "Yeah maybe." Knowing they wouldn't find me anywhere near my grandparents house. The plan was to leave a week before my due date, because werewolves have pretty accurate due dates, not like regular humans where they can go into labor weeks after their given due date or months before. Werewolves were within that week of the given due date and never sooner or later unless there was some serious problem.

The plan was to leave our territory late at night when my flight would be scheduled. Instead of getting on the plane I would hide and wait for my parents to leave then flee by car over the boarder into human territory that is unclaimed by any pack. I would mix in with the humans and deliver somewhere safe, and most likely by myself. It sounds agonizing and painful, and it is, but the safest option for me and the baby at the moment.

I would have to be in hideout for a long while until the Alphas baby is old enough and mine as well, it would guarantee that he can't claim my child as his and that I stole him/her or whatever disastrous pathetic story he would spin to the pack.

I would eventually have to reject him because my wolf wouldn't be able to take the pain of the Alphas rejection and bond to another woman who is not his real mate. Werewolves usually don't have second chance mates, and if someone is lucky enough to get one it is considered a miracle and extremely rare. I wasn't expecting nor was I hoping to get a second chance mate and be that one it a billion
lucky one. As much as it pained me to have to reject the one who was made for me, I knew there was absolutely no other option. Maybe one day I would find someone who I could fall in love with and would accept me and my child, maybe someone human that didn't come with all this supernatural bullcrap.

I decided to push away todays problems to the back of my mind for a bit and to start on one of the essays that were going to be due in a few short weeks. I couldn't let all this drama affect the last few weeks, I have worked way too hard for this to all go to waste over a stupid Alpha. I got to work on my first essay, which then lead into my second essay. I pushed all the problems away and focused on the keyboard in front of me as I researched and typed away sentence after sentence.

When I hit the last period in my second essay, I sighed happily and stretched. Glancing at the time in the bottom right corner of my laptop, my eyes widened in surprise at the time, 2:37am. I hadn't realized what time it was because of how focused I was on getting everything off my mind, I also hadn't realized how hungry and tired I was. I saved my document, submitted it and closed my laptop placing it in my backpack by my bed. I eyes were drawn to the wall above my bed where the scarlet red letters used to be a shudder went down my spine and I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath to calm my racing heart.