Chapter 1

"Good morning, Doll," Mom says sliding my comforter off of me.

Joy. Another day of high school. Junior year to be exact.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't me.

If I wasn't a no one.

People will just walk past me and not even acknowledge me. I guess it's not THAT bad. At least I'm never wrapped up in drama.

I roll out of bed and slide to my closet. Mom is downstairs yelling something about mini malls and toast to me. After standing in my closet gawking at my clothing choices, I just grab a random shirt and jeans and throw them on.

I race down the stairs to where Mom is making toast. The TV is on some news channel and I for once actually recognize where they are. About three blocks down.

The news lady is bundled up in the cold New York weather, even though it is early spring. Next to her stood a man in a suit and what look like his very irritated assistant.

"Madeline Weathers here on 57th and 3rd street with Mr. Rolling Davis and his assistant Caden Christensen," The report says holding the microphone inches away from her frosty lips. Her breath blows from between her lips looking like smoke coming from a dragon. "It is official that Mr. Davis is going to be making the parking lot right here where I am standing. The mini mall and the parking lot should be completed by next May."

I stood up. Why does that seem so important to me? "Mom I'll be back," I called as I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door.

"Wait! You forgot your breakfast!" Mom called as I ran. But i was too busy. I needed to find out why that seemed so important.