Ch. 14 - Where Have The Puppies Gone?

Start from the beginning

"Ready to go downstairs?" he asked.

Raven followed as Hunter led Jane down to the living area. He plopped the captive woman next to a seat before sitting and pulling Raven onto his lap. Shadow couldn't resist the urge to verbally badger Raven.

"So, how was last night?" he asked her.

"Better than expected." she answered, unsure of how to respond.

"That's good, that's real good." Shadow muttered before continuing, "Since last night was so good, maybe you could do your job and clean the house today. You got out of it yesterday because you threw a hissy fit. You'll do it today."

Raven opened her mouth to report, but Hunter spoke before she had the chance.

"We did have a deal, Raven. Just for a little bit, then we can go for our walk. You'll even have help this time." Hunter nodded towards Jane.

Raven huffed, "Fine, but I need cleaning supplies. You know, garbage bags, disinfectant spray; well mainly garbage bags. Do you guys even own that stuff?"

"Sure do, came with the house." Ghost answered, "Everything you need is under the kitchen sink."

Raven stood up and went to the kitchen to gather the supplies. When she returned, Jane was unbound and Shadow stood over the woman with a knife to her throat, screaming at her.

"You'll clean this house like a good little slave or else I'm gonna gut you like a fish. Understand? Don't try anything cute either, or I'll poke out your other ey-"

Quickly Raven moved to get Shadow away from Jane, "That's enough! She can't focus on cleaning up after you if she's too busy being terrified. Just, let me deal with instructing her."

Shadow glared at Raven for interrupting him, but he stepped away from Jane regardless, "Whatever you say, Princess." he sassed before bowing sarcastically.

"Whatever." she quipped before grabbing Jane's shoulders and making her look at her, "We're gonna get through this chore together, okay? It's just simple housework. Stay close and do exactly as I do."

Jane nodded in agreement. With their faces so close together Raven couldn't help but take notice of Jane's missing eye. There was no gapping hole like Raven expected, but instead the flesh normally surrounding the eyeball had swollen, successfully sealing off the open wound. Raven suspected the injury became infected judging by inflamed red discoloration. One look into her good eye made Raven's heart drop. It was swimming with despair and glistened with unspent tears.

Raven smiled at her, "Maybe, if we do a good job, Ghost will take a look at your injuries. He's a doctor."

Raven looked at Ghost hopefully but she only received a shrug for a response. Handing Jane a garbage bag, she pointed for her to start in the corner across from her.

"Any pills, weapons, unspent bullets, or other drugs you girls put on the table for us to sort through. Don't try to be sneaky." Hunter ordered.

The two women did as they were told, but the process of bringing items back to the table every few minutes proved time consuming. The men sat around the coffee table and watched the news, but after a couple hours Ghost disappeared down into the basement. Moments after his departure, screams could be heard drifting through the flooring.

"Just look at them," Shadow commented, "Damn, that one has a nice ass."

"I'm sure she does." Hunter chuckled.

"Seriously? You're telling me you've been watching your precious Raven scoot across the floor on her knees, ass in the air, and you haven't thought about breaking off a piece?" Shadow stated in shock.