Ch. 20 "Ex This Bitch"

Chapter Twenty - "Ex This Bitch"

-

Hunter scooped Raven up and carried her limp body down to the basement where he chained her among the other captives. As he was double checking the security of her bindings, his eyes fell on her peaceful face. For a fraction of a second, he questioned his own decision. In that split moment, he wondered if he should follow through with his plans. Then, he remembered; she sees herself as one of the victims and so she should be with them. With an audible sigh, Hunter turned away and went to find his comrades upstairs.

Shadow and Ghost were waiting outside the basement door, both curious and confused as to what just transpired. When Hunter reappeared, Shadow put his arms out at his sides in a, "What the hell?" fashion.

"Dude?" Shadow puzzled.

"What? You said to share before I kill her." Hunter replied blankly.

"Uh, yeah. But, this morning you were all cozy love birds and not even ten minutes later you're deciding to kill her. Just seems... Odd, I guess." Shadow shrugged.

Hunter shook his head slightly to dismiss the thoughts bombarding him and pushed past his friends to reach the fridge. He wanted a beer, but only because the alcohol would affect his judgment and, possibly, make it easier to go through with his own plans. Quickly he downed the contents of the bottle with the fridge wide open, and reached in for a second.

"Umm... Dude?" Shadow asked again.

"Look," Hunter snapped, "Shits complicated right now. I just- I'm running out of ideas. She's convinced that I'm making her life so horrible that she wants to die. I- I need her to see how good things really are for her. If she gets a taste of the victims side then maybe she'll stop comparing herself to them."

"So, now I'm confused", Ghost interjected, "Are you killing her or not?"

"Well, kind of... Sort of... Maybe? Ahh, hell if I know." Hunter answered while slamming the fridge shut.

Ghost sighed and decided to get the only information that really mattered, "What exactly is needed from us?"

"Nothing. Just do your normal thing. Ignore her. I just need time to think about this." Hunter replied.

Shadow sighed, "That's the problem. You never thought about it at all. You just, DID, like you do. I will admit though, you've never left anyone alive before... So, I don't know man. Maybe that means something." he shrugged before leaving the room.

"That's not overly helpful." Hunter grumbled after him.

"Its the best he can do." Ghost replied, "That's some deep shit out of him. Maybe you should think about that."

Ghost nodded slightly and followed Shadow to the other room. Hunter wasn't willing to let the conversation drop though; not after being left with some cryptic dumbassery to mystically decipher.

"Hold on," Hunter raised his voice as he followed them in the living space, "What the fuck are you saying? How is any of that helpful? Yeah, I left her alive. Guess I could have tried having a dead girlfriend but somehow, I doubt it would have worked. I felt the conversations might become too bland and decided against it."

Shadow nodded as his impatience with Hunter's indecisiveness began to kick in. Sure he wasn't Raven's biggest fan right off, but she wasn't the one annoying him. It was Hunter's illogical, emotion driven, crazy split personalities that would drive Shadow insane. It didn't really matter to him anymore what happened to Raven, he just wanted the old, emotionless, logical Hunter back.

"Keep up like you are you ignorant ass and you'll be able to find out if dead works better for you!" Shadow spewed with venom.

"Oh, yeah. You're one to talk! You treat women with so much respect." Hunter spat sarcastically.