"Criminology is a continuous research" - Nicholas Janitsary

Criminology is the study of crimes, criminals, crime victims, theories explaining illegal and/or deviant behavior, the social reaction to crime, the effectiveness of anti-crime policies and the broader political terrain of social control. Therefore criminology involves research to discover what really happens in the streets, in police stations and courts, behind prison bars, in board rooms, and on battlefields.

However, according to Nicholas Janitsary, criminology is not a discipline in itself but rather a sphere of study. Its major intellectual traditions, methodologies and epistemologies come out of sociology where European thinkers such as Marx, Weber, Durkheim, Simmel and Foucault have been so influential alongside the United States social science traditions of the Chicago School. He adds that today, the practice of criminology includes a wide range of perspectives evidenced by the more than six hundred program sessions offered at the last annual meeting (2006) of the American Society of Criminology and the dozens of peer-reviewed journals dedicated to the study of crime and social control.

With immense knowledge on Criminology, Dr. Nicholas Janitsary has vast experience when it comes to providing consultancy on an international level on matters pertaining to global security concerns, how to use technology as a way to enhance security measures today, and acquisition of the latest topnotch security equipment.

Dr. Janitsary’s years of policymaking experience and his rich degree of expertise on matters of security and defense have helped the New Dimension Group attain a position as a world leader in crisis management, threat assessment, sale of military and security purpose equipment and defense training. Nicholas Janitsary touches every facet of security to ensure that his firm provides the insight and professionalism required to understand and address today’s ever changing global security background.