Chapter Four

Several days had passed and Gabe was still living with his parents. He loved being back home more than anything in the world. He was able to spend all this missed time with them again. Leaving was a hard thing he had to do, but if anyone knew the reason... Well, some people would hate him.. Wait, everyone would.. 

Today was a Monday and it was a holiday for Charlie and Toby. So, everyone was getting together and they were all going to go out, including Skyler and Spencer. They weren't sure where but they would eventually come up with something to do. Gabe had just suggested they go out to eat, and Teddy was all for it.. Being her pregnancy and all. And since she agreed to it they all did.. So out to eat they go. 

"Charlie? Are you ready?" Amy called for her youngest daughter. She was in the livingroom with Toby. Who was all ready. She then heard Charlie run downstairs. "Ready mom." she said. "Good girl." Amy answered. "Can we go now?" Toby had asked. He was very impatient. They knew that was the one thing he got from Gabe. "We have to wait for your dad and brother." she said. "Where are they?" Charlie questioned as she plopped herself down on the couch. "I don't know." Amy said. Her two youngest were getting very impatient and hated waited. Bob then came in through the kitchen door.

"Are you ready?" Amy asked him.

"Yes. And you three?" he said.

"All ready." Toby said.

"Good, where's Gabe?" Bob asked.

He then walked down stairs, all dressed nicely. "Wow." Gabe's mother spoke as she saw him. "What?" he questioned as he looked over himself. "It was so hard to get you to dress like that before." she told him. It made him smile softly. "I wanted to dress good for tonight." he told his family as he smoothed down his shirt. His mother smiled at him once again and kissed his forehead. 

"Can we go now?" an anxious Charlie asked. Gabe chuckled as he lifted her up into his arm, she still was very light in her weight. "We can go." he said, planting a soft kiss on her temple. She smiled wide. 

*****

Gabe sat at the table at the restraunt along with his mother, father, and younger siblings. They waited passionetly for the rest of them to join. Charlie was already sipping on a drink they ordered, and so was Toby. They were quiet as ever. Soon, Teddy walked in with Spencer. They not only knew it was her by her very blond hair, but by her huge stomach. Gabe smiled and stood up, "Teddy." he spoke, being the one to welcome her in. "Hello, little brother." she said, planting a kiss on his forehead. Spencer pulled a chair out for his pregnant wife, and slowly she sat in it and Spencer sat by her.

"Sorry we took so long, Teddy couldn't decide what to wear." Spencer spoke, with a chuckle. 

Teddy rolled her eyes. "At five months pregnant, not much fits so it's hard to chose."

"I'm aware. I had five of them." Amy spoke. 

"I know, mama." she said.

"We all know." Bob added in, with a laugh after it. A soft one because Amy gave him a look after he said it. "Where's bubby?" Toby asked, speaking of P.J., he hadn't come fully around to getting use to Gabe yet. "He's on his way baby boy." his mother talked to him, and all he did was nod his head. 

But it wasn't long before P.J. was walking with Skylar, holding her hand and holding Georgie in his other arm. She smiled as she saw everyone she knew. "And there he is." Gabe told his little brother. P.J. let go of Skyler's hand and pulled a chair out for her, and after she sat, he placed Georgie in her highchair besde them and took his own seat.

After a waiter came over and took the order for drinks of the four people who had just arrived, the family went on and began talking. Toby and Charlie focused on talking to eachother, which they had always done when they were out. Georgie sat quietly in her highchair drawing on a coloring sheet that was brought over to her. 

"So, is the baby moving any, Teddy?" Skylar asked, starting up a conversation.

"Not right now, but when I start eating it will." she answered, placing a hand on her belly.

"Why did you want it to be a surprise?" Gabe beamed in. 

Teddy looked at Spencer. "Because we liked the idea of not knowing." was all Spencer could say. 

Gabe nodded. 

"Have you thought of names?" Amy asked her oldest daughter.

"Only a girl name. We can't agree on a boy name."

"What is it?" P.J replied.

"Grace Michelle." Spencer answered.

"I think that is perfect." Bob replied, then grabbing to his drink and sipping it. 

Gabe seemed all his family wanted to talk about tonight was Teddy and Spencer's baby. Which was good. He didn't want anyone asking why he left. Eventually, he would tell them just now wasn't the right time.

*****

"Gabe?" Teddy called his name, as they were all eating.

He looked up from his plate, "Yes?"

"Are you going to tell us why you left?" she spoke. Making everyone, including Charlie and Toby, look at him.

Gabe wasn't too shocked by the question, he had been asked plenty times since he returned. He sighed. "I.. can't." was all he could answer. 

"Why not?" P.J. spoke next.

"I just can't, okay? It isn't the right time. But, I do promise I will tell everyone. Just give me a little bit of time." he spoke. 

But just having them all stare at him was causing him to sweat. "Please?" he begged. They all shook their heads a slow yes and looked back at the food in front of them.