-three-

"Cady, hurry up in the bathroom please!" I was now banging on the door. "Cady, we, well at least I, need to be to Scott's in an hour and a half!"

The bathroom door flung open, "What do you need?!" Cady was getting sassy with me. "I'm trying to get ready! Austin's going to be here in 45 minutes!"

"Well, I need to shower still, and then we gotta swing over to Scott's-" I was cut off by the ringing of my phone; a text from Scott to be exact. "Fuck."

"What now, Alex?"

"Scott's going to be here in an hour instead." I pushed my way into the bathroom. "You need to get out now, go do your makeup in my room. Oh, and while you're at it, you might wanna get dressed too, I'm sure you don't want to go to fair in a towel."

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •

By the time I was done getting ready, Austin was sitting in the living room. "Hey, Alex, I heard you got yourself a man with a Benz." I just smiled at Austin. "So it's true?! When do I get to meet this young fellow?" Austin was asking me in all seriousness.

"I thought Cadynn told you that he and I were coming with you two tonight to the fair?" I looked at Cady and then at Austin.

"No?" Austin looked at Cady. "She told me that you had gotten a guys number who was driving a Benz."

Austin and I both just stared at Cady. "The only reason I didn't say they were coming with us is because I figured you and I would ride in your Range and they could go in his car or whatever." Cady was glancing back and forth between Austin and I. "Plus, are you guys really going to be at our sides tonight, I figured you guys could go off on your own, get to know each other. I mean, we're not two anymore, you're 22, Alex."

Moments later, my phone started ringing like crazy. It was Scott calling. "Hey, I'm here if y'all wanna get rolling, unless you want me to come in so we can chill for a bit."

A smile ran across my face, "Uh, well, we still have another 30 to 40 minutes before the fair gates open up and it'll only take like, ten to get there, so why don't we all just chill for a little?"

I could hear the laughter in his voice, "Alrighty then, I'll be up in moment."

Something about Scott made me smile. Something about hearing his voice, hearing his laughter. My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the knocking on the door. I knew it was him, and that had the power to make me smile.

Just as Scott walked in the door to the apartment, Austin was over at the window looking at the car. "Is that a Mercedes Benz SLS-AMG?!" He immediately asked Scott.

"Yes young sir, it is." He replied so formally.

Austin and Cadynn sat on the couch and Scott and I took the two sofa-seats. The two guys sat closer to each other talking about vehicles.

"Guys and their damn cars." Cadynn stated, "Not going to lie though, I love my baby's car." She smiled.

"It's about time to go guys," Scott mentioned. "Don't ya think we should get rollin'?"

I ran to my room to grab my Vera Bradley satchel which held my wallet, some Chapstick, and of course my keys.

We all walked down to the cars together and Scott offered, "Why don't we just take the two separate vehicles? Alexandria, my dear," he opened the passenger door of his Benz. As the suicide door lifted, Scott so gracefully directed me into his car.

Austin pulled up next to us as Scott got into the car. Cadynn's window rolled down, so Scott rolled mine down, "Hey, Austin, you're on the wrong side of the road."

"Shut up loser." Cady said jokingly. "We'll see you guys there." she smiled at me as her and Austin drove off.

Scott rolled the window up and started the car, "Shall we?" He smiled at me as he put the car in drive.