1

"Do I have to go?" Marinette asked again as she followed her dad, the Mayor around the mansion.

"Yes you do. You have to show all the Parisian people the new dresses you made," Mr. Dupain-Cheng exclaimed. "You have a lot of fans, Marinette. You would not want to let them down."

"Yeah, but-" Marinette groaned, flopping down on the couch. It was so tiring having to host these shows. As the Mayor, and the most popular man in Paris, Mr. Dupain-Cheng always liked these kind of shows. It was a great chance for his daughter to show off her talent.

"No buts, young lady," he warned. "You are going to go and that's final. Anyways, just to set you on your good mood, you can invite Adrien over if you want."

"Sure, I'll just-" The doorbell rang crazily. It was no doubt it was Adrien. He was always ringing doorbells like that.

Marinette rushed to open the door and let him in. "Hey, Adrien. What brings you here?"

"I came here because I know you want me around," Adrien answered, and waved at Mr. Dupain-Cheng.

Adrien was the only boy Mr. Dupain-Cheng allowed inside the mansion, because first, he got the best bakery, and second he was a good friend of Marinette, and anything for his daughter.

Marinette met Adrien when they were just kindergarteners. Marinette was always holding a book in front of her face, or sleeping. So Adrien came along and offered her a candy bar, which she had passed out on.

And then he started talking, and talking. Marinette had told him to leave her alone, but he wouldn't listen. He said it looked like she needed company, and he was here to give her company.

Marinette loved everything about Adrien; his laugh, smile, how he always seemed to find a way to make her calm down. He was her best friend.

The only thing that made her wish she hadn't met him at all, was the fact he was always asking her about her love life. He would also ask, "if you were to date a guy, would that guy be me?" But every single time, she took it as a joke.

Mr. Dupain-Cheng noticed this, and had talked to Marinette about it. He didn't seem to mind the fact that Adrien was always flirting with her.

"Hey Marinette, let's go over to my place, and grab some snacks there," Adrien suggested, pulling open the door.

"Okay." Marinette followed him out of the mansion, and the both ran down the stairs.

Reaching the Agreste Bakery, Adrien opened the door for her, and saying a quick thank you, she headed inside.

"Mom! I can't find the dress you gave me!" Marinette knew that voice anywhere. Chloe Agreste, sister of Adrien, walked down the ladder that was leading up to the trapdoor.

"Let's go to my room, ignore her," Adrien smiled. Taking Marinette's hand, he pulled her towards the ladder, and the both of them climbed it.

"Ugh! Marinette again?!" Chloe gagged. "She's the only girl you bring here. Can't you bring someone else?!"

Chloe didn't like Marinette very much, and Marinette didn't like her either. Chloe thought she would make a better, prettier designer than her. Plus she always thought Marinette was always bragging about how good she was at designing clothes, which Marinette thought was a lie.

"Chloe, don't say that," Adrien warned. He led Marinette up to his room. When you step inside through the trapdoor, it led to two other doors. One was Adrien's room, and the other was Chloe's.

Adrien opened his door, the usual, "Chloe, do not go in," sign on it. Chloe couldn't even go in if she wanted to. The door was always locked.

Marinette stepped inside the room she always walked inside of everyday. It was all the same.

Adrien had made sure to pack away the pictures of Marinette that he usually put on his walls. Now his wall was just blank, painted blue.

"Hey, I got us a new videogame we could try out," he said as he got out a box. "Do you wanna?"

Marinette nodded. She loved videogames, even though she barely had time for it.

She sat down on the bed as she waited for Adrien to set up to game.

"Anyway," Adrien said out of nowhere as he opened the box. "Have you thought about what I said yesterday?"

Marinette froze in her spot. She remembered what Adrien had asked her yesterday. "Marinette, we've  been  friends for a while. Maybe we should try something new?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"You know, let's become more than friends?" He inched closer to her, but Marinette backed away.

"Adrien, I think we're better off as friends."

"Why? You already have someone else in mind?" Adrien stopped in his tracks, his eyes wide, waiting for her to answer.

"No, I..."

"Then go out with me? You don't have to answer now, but maybe you can tomorrow."

Adrien looked back at her. At first Marinette had taken it as a joke, but now she knew he was serious.

"Adrien, I can only be friends with you. Please don't ask me that question again!" She looked away, and Adrien went back to getting the game ready, not saying a word.

"Don't be mad," Marinette told him. "Besides, maybe you'll find someone much better than me anyway."

"Got it," he mumbled. "But... I don't think I'm going to move on to another girl that easily... And don't think I am..."

- Edited -