Chapter Five

We hide behind a couple bins. A flare goes behind us. We're visible. The Nero bullets fly from both sides. I run a little behind Tris and Christina. We split up. I run into Edward. Both of us point guns at each other.

"Do I have to shoot you?" he asks. I give him a flirty smile. I shoot him in the chest. He falls to the ground.

"Obey the orders," I say. I run off before he can reply. I watch as Christina and Tris shoots Peter. I laugh. I join them.

"They probably have a guard," I say as we get to the entrance. I stand at the door. A few people try to come, but I knocked them out. Tris runs to the ledge holding the flag. Christina joins her. I shout in joy.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I slide down the zip line. I pull the brake. I undo the belt and fall in the arms of the people below me. We walk to the train tracks and hop on the train. Tris sits by me.

"Tomorrow we find out if we stay," Tris says.

"I bet you'll make it," I say. She rolls her eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"If you are below the line," one of the leaders say, "then we won't bother with you."

The names appear. I'm third. I look. All my friends make it. I get up and walk to the dorm. I literally run into Four.

"Congrats," he says.

"Thanks," I reply. I go in the dorm and change into my pajamas. I lay down. Everyone piles in. I sit up. Edward walks up.

"Congrats," he says.

"You too," I say. He goes back to his bed. I lay down and close my eyes. After awhile, I hear a scream. I jump up and turn on the lights. Edward is laying on the ground with a butter knife in his eye. Christina freaks out.

"We need to take him to the infirmary," she says.

"We can't," Will protests. "He'll bleed out more."

"I'll get the nurse," Al says. He runs off. Tris rubs Edward's hand. I move his hair and kiss his forehead. The nurse comes in and carries him off. I notice Peter smirking. I'm going to kill him. I go and grab some wet paper towels and help Tris clean up the pool of blood. Everyone else lays down.

"Get some sleep," I order her.

"Are you sure about it?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Thanks," she says. I just nod my head. I finish cleaning the floor and throw away all of the towels I used. I wash off all the blood on my hand. Four runs down the stairs.

"Get breakfast and then go to where your told to," he shouts. I change into a purple shirt and black jeans. I throw my hair in a ponytail and put on a pair of combat boots. I go up in the cafeteria. I sit next to Four.

"Are you ready?" he asks.

"No," I mumble. He slightly nods his head. I get up and head to the designated area. I sit with everyone else. One by one they leave. My name is called. I get out of the plastic chair and enter in the small white room. I sit down as Four plunges the simulation in my neck.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm standing in the living room in my dad's house. He walks down the stairs. I stand my ground. It's just a sim.

"How dare you join Dauntless," he shouts as he slaps me.

"Your not real," I whisper. I feel a knife appear in my hand. I stab him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm breathing heavy, trying to get a hold of myself.

"How did you end it?" Four asks.

"I stabbed him," I tell him. He laughs.

"My unique sister," he whisper yells.

"You know?" I ask. He nods his head. I leave and head to the dorm.

"How do you do it you two?" Al asks.

"I don't know," Tris says. I know she'll keep the secret along with my brother.