Chapter Eight

"Let's find your parents," Four says. I nod. We walk past an Abnegation body on the ground. This was Jeanine's plan the entire time. To destroy an entire faction. We enter Tris' parents' house. No one is here.

"Where would they be?" Four asks.

"I don't know," Tris says. We walk out, acting like everyone else. Eric stops us.

"Tobias Eaton," he says. "First in his class. Now a mindless drone."

"Do you think..." Eric cuts off the second guy.

"Let's find out," he says as he pulls out a gun. "Say goodbye."

"Goodbye,"Tris says as she points her gun at Eric. I pull out my second gun and point both of them at Eric and his friend. Four is aiming at the second guy.

"The Stiff," he says. "Two dead Stiffs. And where did you get the second gun?"

"I'll shoot," Tris threatens.

"You won't shoot me," Eric says. Tris shoots him in the foot. We run. People start shooting at us. I shoot toward them, hitting their hands. I hear Tris cuss. We turn the corner and stop.

"You're shot," Four points out. I tear off a piece of my jacket and wrap it around her shoulder. Someone grabs my hair and yank me back. Cold metal press against my temple.

"Come with us unless you want to see this pretty girl's brain splattered everywhere," Eric's voice says from behind me. He pushes the gun harder against my temple. Tris and Four put down their weapons. Eric grabs mine. He grabs my arm. Two other people grab Tris and Four. They cuff their hands in front of them. Eric cuffs my hands behind my back.

"You're too sneaky to trust," he tells me. I couldn't help but smile. He pushes me forward. They lead us to the main faction building. Jeanine is standing there.

"You two?" She seems shocked about Tris and me. "I thought it was knowledge I sensed in you two."

I roll my eyes. She walks to Tris.

"She's injured," Jeanine states. She moves to my brother.

"He will do," she informs her crew.

"What about this one?" Eric asks.

"She's yours," Jeanine says.

"No," I say. Eric grabs my hair and yank me out of the building. He shoves me in a car. Four joins me.

"I'm going to kill them," I tell him.

"How?" he asks.

"I don't know," I inform him, "but I'll kill them."

"And everyone says I'm the one with an anger issue," he says.

I look around for a weakness. There is a flaw somewhere. I notice that if I could get something small in a hole, the car will shut down.

"Grab the bobby pen out of my pocket and aim for the hole," I order him. He nods his head. He does as I say. The car automatically shuts down like I thought. I kick open the door. Four and I get out. Someone tackle me. The cuffs disappear.

"Get out of here," someone whispers in my ear. "Act like you got out yourself."

I kick him off and get up. I punch him and run. I run down an alley. I do to catch my breath. Someone grabs my arm and pull me into a building. I turn to see it's Caleb. I give him a hug.

"I'm sorry about before," I tell him.

"No. I'm sorry," he says. "Dad is waiting for us."

We run down stairs. Abnegations are down here hiding. Mr. Prior gives a giant hug.

"Mom is searching for Tris," Caleb informs me. Just as the last word leaves his mouth, Tris runs down here. Tears fill her eyes.

"Mom died saving me," she informs us. Mr. Prior gathers his daughter in his arms.

"Victoria?" I turn to see my father. Caleb holds me back.

"What is he doing here?" I ask. He looks hurt. He is just acting like he does everyday when other people are around.

"We need to end this and save Tobias," Tris states. I nod my head. I need to save my brother. Then I'll figure out what to do with Marcus.