The History Of Marcie

Chapter Five

Marcies words kept echoing in my mind, am i really a horrible person?

I went home early that day.

"Courtney, i'm ready to go back to work.", Mom announced. "What?", i asked, " I feel much better.", she stated, "Oh, ok.", i mumbled  heading for my room, this meant i wouldn't see Eric anymore, "No Eric?", i thought aloud, "Pardon?", Mom asked, "nothing", i lied.

Eric and i texted that night and i decided to work at the palace, but this time, not as a substitute.

the next morning i went to work with Mom, i had to borrow one of her uniforms.

"Hi.", Ryan greeted me smiling, a wave of guilt washed over me. "Hi....um.. Ryann, i need to tell you something.", i said, "Really? What is it?", he asked looking straight at me. "Um...it's about you and me...us. Our relationship.", i said, "ok what is it?', he asked . :I don't_", i startd, but Marcie's voice cut me off. "Ryan, could you please assist me in the kitchen?", she asked, "um... sure.", he answered, "we'll talk later", he said to me then left.

"So, you were gonna tell him, huh? Well i' going to make sure that you dont get a chance to. I want to see your reaction when all this blows up in your face.", she hissed, "What is your problem? what do you have against me?", i asked. "Me? Nothing that concerns you . You filthy little whore.", she said, " i am not a whore", i defended oce again, " Yes youare. You are with the King just for his title.", she said, " No, im not.", i yelled,. She turned and walked out silently. A shiver of fear ran up my spine, i had a feeling that Marcie could do worse things than she looked capable of.

"What's bothering u so much?" Eriq asked as i worked alone in the kitchen. "nothing", i lied, "Courtney, tell me, you can tell me anything.", he said smiling, " Please Courtney, tell me." he said, " you know, being all charming is cheating, I cant resist you when you do that ", I said with a sigh. "It's just....what's Marcie's problem? Why does she hate me?", I asked curiously, "oh, well.....she sort of has a crush on me and threw herself oat me, but I refused he started showing up at all  of the day in my room ready to....well.....you know.... but of snapped and told her off. I said some harsh words, but but it was the only way to get her to stop, and now she hates everyone....wellll, every girl that I show interest in or

That shows interest in me.", he explained. "wow.", I said stunned, " You refused her? But....Marcie is beautiful.", I said, " Really? When I see you...she doesn't evem come close.", he said smiling. I blushes and looked down, " So...how are things going with telling Ryan?", "Oh, I was going to this morning, but Marcie spiteful...... interrupted us.", i said, emphasizing the 'spitefully', "oh", he said, the mood was gloomy from talking about Ryan, ' Can i ask you a question?", i asked trying to change the atmosphere, he nodded, "can u do cups?", i asked. "Cups?", confusion clouded his features, " Yeah, its when you create music with a cup and clapping with ur hands.", i said taking two cups from the cupboard and i showed him it, succeeding at lightening the mood.

i giggled as he kissed my lips .