Close one.

Chapter Three

I woke up the next day at 5:30 am, and as memories of yesterday came back. A pang of guilt hit me as I realised that I had a date with Ryan today at noon. How was I going to stay sane? I mean, I almost kissed the King yesterday and now I'm going on a date with my boyfriend, I feel like such a slut. If Ryan foung out, he would be so hurt. I don't want that.

I dressed in a summer dress and flats for my date with Ryan. Through out the entire date, I was out of it . I just kept thinking of King Eric, Ryan noticed my spaceyness and questioned me about it, but I just lied and said that it was nothing.

Sunday passed quickly and I was actually looking forward to seeing the king, his words, ' We'll finish this later' , echoed on my mind. Excitment rose within me as I thought about him. the thought of what happened two days ago made my smile and frown at the same. What a mess I was getting into.

Monday morning, I realised that I had left my bag at the palace. My palms starter to get sweaty as I entered the doors, going into the Staff Lounge, I saw my bag rested neatly in the corner . I went into it and found that on my phone, my contacts were open and a new number was stored. That new contact was named Eric. Was this King Eric's number? I huge smile made its way to my face. " Courtney?", Ryan's voice called from behind me, I jumped and turned to him, hiding my phone from his sight. "Yes?", I asked, " You've been acting strand for the past couple days. What's wrong?", he asked, worry in his eyes, I couldn't tell him. " Nothing is wrong Ryan. I'm fine.", I said plastering the best fake smile I could muster. ", " Ok.", he said hesitantly, I did an inward sigh that he had bought it. Good.

After lunch, one of the maids told me the King desired to see me, but I didn't go. Right now, I'm sitting in the Staff Lounge, alone. I'm thinking of how to get out of this mess. It seems almost impossible. " Courtney?', his voice called gently as he entered the room. My heart stopped for a moment and I wanted to smile. I got up, addressed him by his title and bowed. "Are you ok? You didn't come when I called for you.", he said, I took a deep breath, "No, I didn't.", I confirmed, " Why?", he asked taking a step toward me and in turn I took backward. " I..... didn't want a repeat of what happened last time.", I lied with a stutter that gave me away.

What I really wanted at this moment was what happened last time and more. I wanted him to kiss me and embrace me. I wanted to stay with him and forget everything and everyone else in life and focus on him. Just him.

" Last time? So, you didn't  like it?", he asked with a sexy smile. " U Umm...", I trailed off, " See? you liked it, he said, I sighed, " King Eric, I have a boyfriend.", I said in a whisper, an emotion clouded his features. Jealousy? " Do you love him?', he asked suddenly, " I...I've only known hom for a week.", I said meaning tgat I wasn't sure. "Is that a ' no'?", he asked, " Yes, I don't love him... not yet anyway.", I said," Goid.", was his responce before he came closer to me.

We were so close that oue bodies were touching. My breathing got heavier, " Your breathing pattern changed. do I make you excited?" , he asked in a seductive way, I blushed, I stuttered on my excuse. " Tell me the truth Courtney, hoe do I make you feel?" , he asked. Oh God. He brought our faces closer. I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks. I yearned for him to kiss me, to feel hos lips on mine, to feel the excitement. Eric stroked my cheek slowly, sending two powerful shivers down my spine. " Oh God.", I whispered, he smiled his sexy smile. I bit my lip. " If you keep on biting your lip like that, I will kiss you", he warned, I bit my lip a bit harder, he smiled and came closer until our lips were exactly half a cm away. I stopped biting my lip and waited anxiously for his lips. I looked into his eyes and felt as if a would fall into them. He was taking so long to kiss me. " Kiss me.", I whispered, a small smile came to his lips, ams as he was about to close the distance between our lips, he pulled away. I looked at him bewildered. Why did he pull away?  " Someone's coming.", he said, and then the sound of footsteps  came to my ears. Eric stepped away from me, "Why are we always interupted?", he asked me sadly. I stepped closer to him about to finish what we started when Ryan entered the door.

---------------------------------------

Hi, did you enjoy? tell me what you think.

Please

VOTE!

COMMENT!