As Cara went for the fridge where the grocery list hang under a magnet, she smiled when she saw how her mom had drawn a little heart at the bottom with a note. Don't forget to pick up the clothes dye from the dry cleaners for your brother's graduation suit.

Clothes dye... dye.... die.

A sudden thought popped into Cara's head.

Could Sinners die?

As Cara stared at the grocery list, she felt her stomach grow with unease. Was it possible for Sin to die somehow and she wouldn't know? Was he even mortal? And was there a chance it had happened and that that was the reason why he wasn't answering to her summon?

The questions suddenly filled her head as Cara realized there was a chance that the reason why he wasn't responding could be because he was gone... for good. Could it actually be?

The times she had tried to hurt him, he hadn't even as much as flinched. Granted she wasn't the strongest person out there, but he might just be. A simple accident wouldn't kill him.

So perhaps humans couldn't hurt Sinners, but maybe other supernatural creatures could? Assuming there were others out there, there was a slight chance.

Cara furrowed her brows as something else then suddenly occurred to her.

Those guards of his... she assumed they weren't just for show. What if whatever he was protecting himself against had finally gotten to him?

What if... Sin was dead?

"Is that sentiment I detect?"

Gasping, Cara spun around with a hand over her heart and then immediately forgot how to breathe as Sin stepped right up against her and trapped her against the fridge. His hand calmly came to the door and his handsome face was curled in a little smirk as he stared down at her. Cara instantly felt anger course through her body.

"You... you bastard," She snapped furiously when he scared the living shit out of her. "Why didn't you come when I called you earlier?!"

"I'm not a dog," He flatly replied with a face that read he wasn't pleased with her means of contact. "I've told you time and time again, I don't do orders. I should start teaching you the hard way since you don't seem to understand."

Pressing her lips together, Cara forced herself to be calm. She wouldn't be triggered by him this time, not now. Meeting his yellow, hypnotic eyes, she instead fiercely said; "I've thought about a lot of things."

"So you have." Did he already know? Did he know she had talked to Alistair?

"I want you to look me in the eyes," Cara said and watched as his eyes squared on hers and slowly darkened to a dangerous shade of sin. "And tell me if it's true, what he told me; Am I just a vessel to you?"

If at all affected, he didn't show. Instead he kept looking into her eyes. "That's not the question you really want the answer to. Ask me that and I will answer."

Gritting her teeth, Cara glared up at him and felt a hate towards his ever arrogant tone. He was an asshole and he was going to exploit her until she asked him what she really wanted to know.