my lady.❞ they said, like princes asking their princesses out.

getting inside the house, donghyuck was the first one to see everyone gathered in the living room. the girls were talking, the twins playing games in their phone, while the others were watching a movie.

seems like you guys are tired.❞ mark got inside the house and gave his daughter and son a kiss on the forehead and then turned to the others, ❝how about you guys eat dinner here?

soon later, their parents came inside and then greeted them with either a hug or a kiss in the forehead. the adults made their way to the kitchen after placing their gifts outside the backyard for the christmas party which takes place two days from now.

neighbors were covering their ears at how loud they are. the adults playing inside the kitchen, like chenle and lucas playing ping pong using a small christmas ball and two pans by the dinning table, and their husbands scolding them plus the noise at the living room which they were arguing and debating if a character from the movie deserves to die or not, equals a whole mess.

after donghyuck, taeyong, and jaemin were done cooking, johnny and ten placed the plates down the table while jaehyun went out to call them for dinner before going up to get his triplets.

the noise died down when they were arranging theirselves at the dinning area. donghyuck watched everyone finding their seats and wondered how it will be like if all of his friends came to join dinner with them.

taking out his phone, mark stopped him, ❝don't you dare.

but love, imagine if we were complete.

don't you think we are already enough? there's a lot of us here already.❞ mark pointed at the people at the dining area, ❝maybe next time love, hm?

sighing, donghyuck nodded and placed his phone down.

the triplets arrived the kitchen with jaehyun waking them up and then the first people he went to hug were yanna and dahyun. taeyong pouted at his children which they laughed it off and went to their papa after.

they all started to eat talking different topics here and there. while the adults were busy talking about their year and their feelings about the year ending, the younger people were eating silently, honestly too hungry to talk.

jiro glanced at chan next to him and then saw him struggling to reach the bowl of fried chicken, ❝here let me help you.

chan blushed from his seat and then mumbling a thank you. jiro turned to his other side which was jin and then gave him a look.

did i do it right?❞ he leaned down to whisper.

the younger nodded while giving him a thumbs up before leaned forward to whisper, ❝now go wipe the mustard at the corner of his lips.

jiro farrowed his brows. ❝what? but there is none—

just do it.

sitting up straight, jiro took a deep breath before turning to chan who's happily eating his meal. he then tapped the boy's shoulder and disturbed him from eating. ❝uh chan there's..

hm?

jiro brought his hand up and wiped the imaginary mustard on the corner of chan's lips and then went back to eating while being flushed. chan froze from his seat, his heart actually died after that.

i'm done!❞ chan stood up, his body moving like a robot.

mark looked up at him, ❝but you haven't finished you food yet.

i-i'm full!❞ he said before walking out from the kitchen, his body moving like a robot. he didn't why it was like that, it's probably because is heart was also malfunctioning.

making his way to the living room, chan took a seat by the sofa and then ruffled his own hair. ❝stop making me feel like this!❞ chan whined, already had enough of jiro playing with his feelings.

his eyes scardd the living room and saw a phone that one of the twins owned. he took it, knowing that the twins won't mind he plays a game. he needed to get his mind off jiro and let his heart calm down and playing games would help.

not lasting five minutes, chan got bored and went to see what other things this phone had. going through the videos, chan looked if there's something that could entertain him. seeing a familiar figure, chan pressed this specific video to play and waited for it to start.

"stupid."

chan widened his eyes. he thought it was only a video of jiro playing basketball but no.

"chan you're stupid."

"i hate you so much!"

"that jeffrey guy likes you, can't you see it?"

"what's with you anyways?" jiro from the video groaned as he sat down the ground "you are nothing but a stupid, act-all-innocent, person."

chan could feel a lump from his throat, ❝what is this?

"seems like everyone likes you."

"even my parents like you."

jiro ran, "but," and then threw the ball only for it to miss.

"i can't seem to like you."

chan placed the phone down, tears threatening to fall but he held it back. instead, a bitter giggle came out. ❝who am i kidding?

he buried his head down his palms and cried silently, not wanting for the people at the kitchen to hear him.

of course he won't love me.❞ he sobbed, ❝not even like.

t b c