Chapter 4: Mechanism Mayhem

Lars's POV:

I can't believe it! Things were going downhill today, and I told Ubercorn I could control everything! First Xuli comes down with pneumonia, then Foz breaks his arm playing trust falls with Kyan, then Foz makes Kyan get a severe allergic reaction! I was the only person who wasn't injured. And Xuli was pretty sick, so she was really wearing Cassie out.

It was now around 11pm. Dinner plates were washed and Kyan and Foz were fast asleep. Though I could still hear Xuli coughing and sneezing and having a chill right across Jet Pad. Ridiculous.

I went to the Launch Pad to check on the Vroomster, Truckster, Turbo Zoomster, and half-fixed Roarster. They talked to me in vrooms, buzzes and beeps. The Vroomster looked pretty bored.

Vroom-vroom-beep-buzz-beep-beep-VROOM-VROOM-VROOM!!!

"Xuli...where is she...wanna have a ride...SOOOO BORED!!!" I translated, "Oh, Vroomster I know you're bored, Vroomster. But Xuli's not feeling so well, she's too ill to fly. So just wait, okay?"

VROOM-VROOM-BEEP-BEEP-BEEEEEP-BUZZ-VROOOOOOM!

"TOO BORED TO WAIT...BRING HER NOW...OTHERWISE I WILL SMASH YOU!!! Vroomster, I know you're really bored. Just be patient! Just wait, can you?" I said. It was clearly irritated. So irritated it sped toward me and hit me in the stomach. That hit made me fly halfway across the Launch Pad, so far I didn't stop until I hit the Truckster's left wheel, which was sixteen feet away from the Vroomster. The Truckster was surprised.

I started getting very dizzy. Really dizzy. So dizzy I blacked out

The last thing I heard was the other vehicles' revvs of horror and Cassie's yell.

"LARS!" 

Cassie's POV: 

The vehicles and I watched in horror as the Vroomster pushed Lars off him and sixteen feet across the Launch Pad and made him hit the Truckster's left wheel. He blacked out afterward.

"LARS!" I screamed. He had hit the Truckster at such a terrible rate of speed.

I dashed over to him and saw he was unconscious. I glared at the Vroomster.

"Vroomster, WHAT THE HELL?!" I snapped.

Vroom-VROOM-buzz-BEEP-buzz-beep-beep-BUZZ- beep-vroom-VROOM! 

I knew some basic Vroomster language. It meant 'Lars didn't want to bring Xuli to me so she can ride me. He said she's ill but I know he's lying. So I hit him. He deserves it.'

I frowned at the silly vehicle.

"Vroomster, Xuli really is sick. She has pneumonia, and she's too weak to pilot. You had no right to push Lars over like an insane vehicle. Now I have to wake him up, and Ubercorn and the twins are coming in a few minutes' time. Oh, dear."

I laid Lars next to the wall and put a pillow under his head. Then I got a glass of cold water and poured it on Lars's face.

He groaned and opened his eyes.

"Lars?"

Lars's POV:

Something cold splashed my face.

"Lars?"

I opened my eyes. Cassie's blurred outline came to my view.

"C-Cassie?" I said weakly.

"Hey, Lars," she said warmly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The Vroomster pushed you sixteen feet across the Launch Pad on the Truckster's wheel and knocked you out." She answered, "You were lucky I found you a couple of minutes ago. Does anything hurt? Nausea? Headaches? Blurry vision?"

"I do feel a bit dizzy, like I'm gonna faint again," I said.

Cassie helped me sit up. I wobbled slightly, and if she hadn't caught me I could've been a heap on the floor.

"Let's get you to bed. Ubercorn, Tim, and Lily will be here soon."

She helped me stand up. But right when we were about to step out of the Launch Pad, a car pulled up inside. It was white and sparkly, with a purple sparkly hood.

The front-left door of the sparkly car opened, first came a red sparkly shoe...oh, wait, it was a hoof, then a white sparkly uniform, then a familiar face. 

"Lars, are you okay?"

Uh-oh.

Can you guess who that is?