Chapter Five

I drifted off to sleep, images of my father's evil wife flashed through my subconcious. Her vindictive attitude, her selfishness and arrogance. She was a nightmare, one of the reason I had to leave that place.

The alarm set rang me into reality. I had been in the tub for the better part of 2 hours, and my skin was pruned and gross. I mentally cursed myself for not setting the alarm sooner. It was now 5:45 and I had to be at the restuarant at 8. That gave me 2 hours.

I dried myself, and let my skin reform, taking 3 pain relief pills for my aching hands, and packing the rest of the bottle in my bag. I did my hair first, letting it fall in soft curls around my face and the tip of my shoulders. Makeup was simple. I was wearing a black dress, so I outlined my eyes with thick black and dabbed some golden eyeshadow, with mascara. It took an hour or so to perfect everything.

I felt giddy. I'd never been on such a high demand date. Usually it was to the local movie theater or diner, with young teenage boys who wanted one thing.

But no, I was going out to dinner with a successful lawyer, who was smoking hot. I felt my cheeks flush at the thought of the intimate kiss we shared at his house, and how the moment was ruined by his ex.

I woke up Jack.

He smiled up at me, touching my hair softly.

I packed a small backpack of extra clothes, and whatever I could find he could entertain himself with. He played with his car as I changed. I had on a lacy bra that had absolutely no support, not that I'd need it, this dress was tight on top, I'd be well secured, and lacy panties that would make my grandmother roll over in her grave.

I slipped on the dress, which came to an inch above my knee, and a pair of subtle black heels.

I spun around in front of Jack.

"How do I look Mr. White?"

He smiled and gave me two thumbs up.

"Your going to have to talk sometime." I sighed as I sat down next to him. His cheeks lit up with pink and he looked at his hot wheels. "I won't rush you." I said as I kissed his forehead.

I heard the front door open as Illy came in. She was followed by an extra set of footsteps I could only guess to be Keegan.

I told him to be quiet and he did. I shut my door, and listened to the sound of my heels clicking on the wood floor.

Illy was laughing hysterically, not like she was sincere, like she was trying to stroke some major ego. I walked into the foyer, and Keegan's eyes found his way to mine. He raked over my body, and made me feel squirmish and uncomfortable.

"Rorie?" Illy asked, her smile fading, "Wow, you look, amazing." she said, probably feeling self conscious in her own yoga pants and tight shirt.

"Thanks, I have a date, I'm going to borrow the car." She nodded and smiled.

"Have fun, I'm going to shower, I stink. Keegan go ahead and make yourself at home, theres some beer in the fridge." she skipped off upstairs, I listened to hear enter her room, then the bathroom.

Since when does Illy even think about beer much less offer it to an underage teenage boy?

"You look, really beautiful, Rorie." Keegan said in a deep, sexy voice. I ignored it, his boyish charms didn't work on me.

"Thanks I guess." I said, brushing past him. He opened and raided the fridge, taking out a Stella Artois, Laura's favorite lager beer.

"Want one?"

"No."

"So, a date huh, whos the lucky guy."

"You don't know him."